“God is of no concern to this congress”

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KYBluegill, Mar 1, 2021.

1. 00noturkey

00noturkey 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    High Grove
    pretty much the same thing. i might have misspelled something earlier, not the first time, an it wont be the last. i will say i dont like atheism being forced, on me or anything else. this is supposed to be a free country. its getting more like the rich, silicon valley, or politicians are forcing us to tow their line of BS.
    you got a right to think what ya think, even if its wrong. you dont have the right to force your beliefs on others. this country was based on the 10 commandments., by those from Europe, an Roman law. Roman law was based on the 10 commandments also.
    now the 1 percents rule more or less, crazy aint it.

rcb216 and xbokilla like this.
  2. DaveO

DaveO 6 pointer

Dec 30, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Every knee will bow & every tongue will confess

3. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    I’m ready to go. Tired of this evil world.

RLWEBB likes this.
  4. PUBLIC RAT

PUBLIC RAT 8 pointer

Feb 18, 2014
    Nah,liberal won't bow unless it's to protest something. Me,the lords done to much for me,I'm bowing a knee for him.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
    DaveO likes this.
  5. Buzzy

Buzzy 6 pointer

Oct 15, 2013
    I have to work. One of my degrees is in Religious Studies. I’m not out here saying “God doesn’t exist” “God doesn’t matter”.
    What I’m arguing that as men our motives are self-serving. Using scripture as justification of those motives is appalling. Since we are flawed our interpretation is flawed and geared towards ourselves and not how society works.

and just a heads up all western religions have the 10 commandments if is just worded differently in each groups religious by texts. Also all western religions see the Torah, Koran and the Bible as valuable religious texts no matter what religion. The only difference is whether or not the messiah has come to earth or not. Jesus, Muhammad for Christianity and Islam, Jewish people don’t think the messiah has come yet.

6. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds

Ahhhh, but you are mislead yet again, because you do not have to work today, being that you have free will. I have never once forced my employees/subcontractors to work upon Sundays even during disaster relief efforts; although, some of us do occasionally perform work during such times. You are possibly aware of Scripture within the link I provided you pertaining to such, via your studies. God granted you free will.

I have met lost souls having majored within religious studies. One whom comes to mind is a beautiful young lady having lunch at a sidewalk cafe, seated at a table with others beside that of mine own. We became fast friends, for it all.

When I asked her why it was she had chosen her major, she was utterly clueless and stated so. She was attending a renowned liberal arts college one block away, private one, in which I am well familiar. Said college had recently banned a student Christian group from holding its meetings upon campus, I recall, even though it had done so for a very long time. The young lady was having trouble with her landlord, as well, illegally invading her privacy. We exchanged numbers, for it all.

She had only one semester prior to graduation or would have leased a room from me, even though I never lease rooms to the students nor others. She was simply one whom I would have made an exception. She knew absolutely nothing of the Holy Spirit, much less anything else, unfortunately.

I often wonder what has happened to her, being that we lost touch with one another once she relocated back out of state, but I hope that she has somehow managed to unlearn the utter garbage having been imposed upon her at the extremely expensive college, just like I hope the same for you one day. My motives with her were in no manner self-serving at all. I had no need for a tenant and still do not to this day.

You probably lack comprehension of that, based upon your quoted statement. Our forefathers completely understood free will being provided to us from God. He had much to do with that first amendment addressing it.

7. raidergson

raidergson 8 pointer

Dec 10, 2010
    Garrard County
    I am really confused at what point you are trying to make. Most of on here never said that in every instance that “exact scripture,” verbatim is used to make law, then you try to educate us on denominations, and etc. Maybe you should assume that many on here are not pure literalist, while others are. That some might have pondered your thought process 20,30, or perhaps 50 years ago.....and we read with a little grim when someone tries to wake us with information we have all herd before, not criticizing you, just letting you know that you just can’t put your finger on anything.

The whole Constitution thing, well you are right, but what I said about the thinking of the time, you cannot deny. The whole Declaration of Independence, set the reasons for forming this nation, and the Constitution is just an extension of how a government should function under that declaration. As for just law, The SCOTUS has Moses carved on the facade, not because we were strictly following all The laws of Leviticus, but because the 10 Commandments are universal laws for civilized humanity. It was chosen because once again Our founders viewed Christianity as the base for liberty and freedom derived from God.

8. Buzzy

Buzzy 6 pointer

Oct 15, 2013
    1:14-1:17 he references the bill is against scripture. So he is using scripture to justify his moral high ground on why his side is right. That is the type of thing I am saying is bull. Because we have agreed we can choose to live any way we like because god gave us free will. But using scripture to take away our ability to live freely as god intended the big fuss I’m trying to raise. Your morals have no bearing on me and how I chose to live my life. Don’t use religion to pass laws to take away my freedom.
    One day I may want to smoke some pot and drink a beer like back in high school but I still believe are we going to a different heaven in the end? Nope.

The second half about the commandments and law creation we have agreed on so there is no comment on my end about that.

9. Buzzy

Buzzy 6 pointer

Oct 15, 2013
    If
    I don’t show up to work people could die. I don’t have a choice because they rely on me. Glad you gave your workers off during crisis situations, seems like the community would really appreciate that.

10. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Well no, we actually do much charity work on Sundays, at times, declining payment for such, working for pay the remaining six days of the week. It's simply flat out emergencies to protect life and property on Sundays only when needed; but as stated, I never force anyone to work on Sundays during disasters. If you work for yourself, you have that choice, and if you work for another stripping you of that choice, you can always go work for someone whom won't violate your rights in that manner, or simply start your own business. Many citizens within other countries are not so blessed by God, and if the far left within our own country keeps at it, we will eventually succumb to the same fate.

That is why it is so important for you to both know and understand world history, as well as that of our very own, as opposed to trying to revision it to your own liking. You can issue query after query pertaining to ships having sailed here from England both before and after that of my own family in 1610, finding mention after mention about the various Christian Ministers listed within the ships' registers, as well as their prayers and more. Your arguments are merely blatant fallacy.

11. FF/EMT516

FF/EMT516 Spike

Nov 22, 2020
    Blackrock, Ky
    What do you do for a living if you don’t mind me asking?

12. Buzzy

Buzzy 6 pointer

Oct 15, 2013
    EMT, I do mind. But I will say if it was your kin I’m responsible for you wouldn’t want me to take a day off because I need to look at scripture.
    Clearly you understand that as an EMT

13. Buzzy

Buzzy 6 pointer

Oct 15, 2013
    Putting your day off above people in need seems like the most hypocritical thing I can think of. You say my employer strips me my right not to work on sundays. I say I’m blessed to help people 7 days a week when the time calls rather than putting their struggles off a day for my selfish reasons.

14. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Buzzy, I am half asleep at an extremely early hour for my norm and could not care less what you do to put money within your bank account, provided that you are refraining from breaking any of ours laws. Your alleged religious studies has nothing to do with your current occupation and most certainly does not qualify you with background to be attempting to discuss law, whereas I do happen to possess a legal background. I asked whether you happen to be agnostic or atheist. A simple yes or no will suffice.

15. FF/EMT516

FF/EMT516 Spike

Nov 22, 2020
    Blackrock, Ky
    You haven’t been doing this very long have you?

drakeshooter likes this.