“God is of no concern to this congress”

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KYBluegill, Mar 1, 2021.

1. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012

Yes DS! Many of you are more knowledgeable than I when it comes to history but no doubt this country was established and built on Christian religion and faith. Not people looking for rich stuff that just happened to land here. The settlers came here for religious freedom because GOVERNMENT was already too involved with the church and their beliefs elsewhere. A person can be atheist, agnostic, whatever, but these are undisputed facts.

Brody, RLWEBB, FF/EMT516 and 5 others like this.
  2. Thomas Roberts

Thomas Roberts 8 pointer

Sep 5, 2019
    Falls of Rough Kentucky
    Screenshot_20210306-113052.png This is what separation of church and state was meant for. Stopping the state from imposing it's will on the church.

FF/EMT516 likes this.
  3. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    I have a strong belief in a creator/ god, but put minimal stock in religion. Either way this is a historically accurate account of the intentions of our founders in regards to church and state.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  4. Thomas Roberts

Thomas Roberts 8 pointer

Sep 5, 2019
    Falls of Rough Kentucky
    Thank you so much for posting that. I originally thought it was to Congress which I was mistaken about but I did know it's meaning.

carnivore likes this.
  5. redjackson

redjackson 8 pointer

Dec 4, 2010
    Barren County
    I am not saying that its time but if you read Revelation you realize it is going to be awful for believers. All i know is that we are a day closer...

xbokilla, carnivore, barney and 4 others like this.
  6. Buzzy

Buzzy 6 pointer

Oct 15, 2013
    You want an ethnostate with the state religion being Christianity. Got it. Otherwise I don’t know why you would post the first half up until Jesus Christ.

I’m not trolling but that same mindset “this country was founded by this race and religion” so we must dictate our laws around religion is what creates places like Egypt, Saudi Arabia where basic freedoms are stripped because of an interpretation of religious texts. All the others who have the free right to not be affiliated with that particular religion are screwed.

Your last sentence I don’t think you can regulate. You cannot really tell anyone to do anything. It is like the Democrats passing a bill that water must run upstream. Sounds good in theory but won’t happen.

With that being said religious values are the tenants of all societies because the laws are a reflection of the population in a free society.

If something is right or wrong it doesn’t need be because Allah, Jesus, Yahweh commanded so.

7. Buzzy

Buzzy 6 pointer

Oct 15, 2013
    I’m good with your beef with this and this is a good example.

Thomas Roberts likes this.
  8. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    Nice avatar Buzzy. I do not think that you are trolling. Are you by any chance either agnostic or atheist? I have friends who happen to be. I'm a Christian, Baptist female, and I happen to be white. My family member arrived here from London in July of 1610. He was white. He was christened at birth either within or directly beside (no longer recall, would have to look) Westminster Abbey (I know records of family trace to Westminister Abbey). He came here without family accompanying him as a child aboard ship nor within this land and became a registered ancient planter, a judge, and was also elected to the House of Burgesses. Based upon what I know of him, he would not have had any problem with what Drakeshooter wrote, nor do I.

I agree that it's a good example, as well. I just confirmed that it is St. Margaret's Church, located between Westminster Abbey and the House of Parliament, the most powerful political region of England. Many of my family are recorded at the church, consecrated back in 1523.

https://www.westminster-abbey.org/st-margarets-church

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  9. All of that guff is a bunch of retard level bullshit egghead.

aaronc and barney like this.
  10. raidergson

raidergson 8 pointer

Dec 10, 2010
    Garrard County
    “so we must dictate our laws around religion is what creates places like Egypt, Saudi Arabia where basic freedoms are stripped because of an interpretation of religious texts.”

Except for one little thing you are forgetting: Our freedoms are self-evident, and bestowed on us individually by our Creator, God, Yahweh; The Omniscient, not by men using God’s law. At that time the men who believed this, designed our government after this, were thoughtful, and understood past persecution of tribal religion; it was the time of enlightenment after all. These men, for the most part, were Christians, so Christianity in the eyes of our founding fathers endowed everyone with certain individual God-Giving rights, period. In other words, A government submitting to a realized God, so man cannot use the persuasion of God in order to subject its citizens. So yeah, God/ Christianity was the basis for their thought process dealing with freedom, justice, and the laws that determine them.

11. Buzzy

Buzzy 6 pointer

Oct 15, 2013
    You’re are mighty well spoken and bring up great points.

12. Buzzy

Buzzy 6 pointer

Oct 15, 2013
    What you’re forgetting is there is no mention of Jesus or a bible passage or god in the constitution. And I said laws are a reflection of the society, so we agree that laws are/were developed on a basis of the belief system.
    What we are not seeing eye to eye on is the usage of scripture as a justification for the validity of a law. Since scripture is up to many interpretations (look at how many sects of Christianity there are) they lose the value when trying to use as a tool for ruling society. And using religious texts for that reason creates societies like the ones I mentioned.

13. 00noturkey

00noturkey 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    High Grove
    this country was founded of religious freedom. there were those that forced their will, or religion on others still. now lack of religion is being forced. the natives of this country have their own religion. let them, or anyone else have religion, just not force it on anyone else.. this force of lack of religion, or morel's, is not right, in any culture.

14. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I’m not 100% sure of what you are saying but I said what I said to simply point out that the very foundation of this country is based on religion, the Christian religion. Anyone trying to deny that is just plain wrong or stupid. Don’t be a believer, fine, but like everything else historical they are wanting to erase these days, sorry, but deal with the truth. You can be atheist, agnostic, Muslim, Buddhist, or even a satanist for that matter, but if you live in the USA, your country was founded, and many of its laws created, by people who were of the Christian faith and believed in God. Nobody’s forcing religion but people need to deal with it and accept the facts.

RLWEBB and drakeshooter like this.
  15. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    You are misguided; therefore, your arguments continue to appear like a bucket full of holes riddled with contradiction. Satan took his turn at attempting to twist Scripture in the same manner as you do our establishment clause, but failed with Christ. You should thank God that our forefathers were aware of such when drafting laws preceding our constitution, just as they were during the draft of it as well as our establishment clause and more.

What you lack understanding of appears to be outside of you. Today is Sunday, a Holy Day of rest. Perhaps try using it as such and review some Scripture, before returning your attention to our country's documents based upon them, later within the week. It is possible you may then garner a much better understanding of them and perspectives of those around you, in addition to much more within life as well as thereafter. Proverbs is always a good place to begin with contemplation for understanding.

"Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established:

And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches."

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Proverbs-24-3_24-4/

bowhunter269 and rcb216 like this.