“God is of no concern to this congress”

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KYBluegill, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Thomas Roberts

Thomas Roberts 8 pointer

Sep 5, 2019
    Falls of Rough Kentucky
    Now they aren't just coming for our guns, they are coming for all of our children with this "equality act" when do we say enough is enough? I'm there and ready for the sh*t to hit the fan. I'm over all of this radical bullsh*t and it's only been 2 months.

2. RLWEBB

RLWEBB 12 pointer

Nov 30, 2005
    Staffordsville, KY
    You do know the actual intent behind separation of church and state don’t you? Here’s a hint: it’s not about keeping God out of the government. This nation was founded on Judeo-Christian principles. That’s a fact, not a belief. Those who refute or try to change that are simply trying to rewrite history to fit their secular progressive agenda.

3. Thomas Roberts

Thomas Roberts 8 pointer

Sep 5, 2019
    Falls of Rough Kentucky
    Very misinformed my friend

4. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    I believe the majority likely fail to understand the role that Baptists played within all from the very beginning. This link fails to mention the letter which was sent to government by Baptists. I no longer recall whom wrote that letter, but it should be easy enough to retreive via query; it bore great impact upon the establishment clause, but has been twisted over time, as with many things. Regardless, this link provides much information about Baptist's role in all.

https://www.mtsu.edu/first-amendment/article/1319/baptists

5. KYBluegill

KYBluegill 6 pointer

Jan 30, 2019
    Kentucky

This

6. Buzzy

Buzzy 6 pointer

Oct 15, 2013
    What so no one could be persecuted for their beliefs????? Is that what you’re talking about? Well if you have a state religion then others WILL BE PERSECUTED for not following the state religion. Like I said the shortsightedness of bringing more religion into government only leads to worse things for said religious people. Copy and pasted “ The first clause in the Bill of Rights states that “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion.”

7. Establishment of a state religion (something I’m totally against for obvious reasons) is not even remotely the same thing as a member of Congress rejecting God in general like we witnessed from the Penguin. You’re not very good at this.

KYBluegill, Meatstick, Brody and 3 others like this.
  8. FF/EMT516

FF/EMT516 Spike

Nov 22, 2020
    Blackrock, Ky
    I’ve learned there’s no point in arguing with a liberal, no matter what you say you’re always gonna be wrong to them.

9. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    Water headed SOBs are too far gone.
    I had one that worked for me back in 2016. I was amazed daily lol. To this day that's the only one I've met. I don't miss him.

barney, FF/EMT516 and drakeshooter like this.
  10. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    His statement is pretty obvious.....no God's Will there.

barney and RLWEBB like this.
  11. FF/EMT516

FF/EMT516 Spike

Nov 22, 2020
    Blackrock, Ky
    Never seen anything like it. To each his own I guess.

12. Buzzy

Buzzy 6 pointer

Oct 15, 2013
    It’s the same rhetoric as Wahhabism, just a different colored cow.

and that’s what I’m trying to say. Believe all you want, it’s not that I don’t, but don’t use scripture in gov’t period.
    Our beliefs created the center point of our morals that our laws were written from. %100
    But those laws WERE NOT WRITTEN FROM THE WORD OF GOD, just the guidance of his teachings.
    The minute we start putting on displays like this make us look more like Saudi Arabia or Egypt with a state religion that will not end well.
    If you put a bill up that will help people and is moral in the eyes of god then it will probably pass through. But when you say the bill should pass because of god words the line is crossed towards a state religion.

13. Thomas Roberts

Thomas Roberts 8 pointer

Sep 5, 2019
    Falls of Rough Kentucky
    The separation of church and state was a letter to Congress about keeping government out of church, not the other way around. Learn some history.

KYBluegill and drakeshooter like this.
  14. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    I can see we are feeding a troll. Feed a troll and they will keep replying with garbage. Just ignore and it will go away. Just wants to argue. Ignorant liberals:rolleyes:

15. This country was founded by a bunch of white, European Christians let’s get that out there first off. They crafted the country and its Constitution for such, guided by an unseen hand. I know that. I want my leaders to have Faith in and take guidance from our Lord and Savior Jesus. That’s not established religion, you’re still free to join any denomination or cult or not or even to be as big a horn tootin atheist as you want in this country. What you’re not free to do is remove personal religious beliefs and it’s influence on others, including our leaders.

aaronc, bondhu, 00noturkey and 9 others like this.