Youth 2019

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by mudhole crossing, Mar 15, 2019.

1. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    IMG_1369.JPG IMG_1368.JPG got the blind up in a spot we've killed numerous turkey over the years. It's on a flat under the ridge that runs out onto a big clean point; it's a natural strutting place I guess. I know they like it. Plenty scratching there.

Dark Cloud, bondhu and dirtstalker like this.
  2. trapper perry

trapper perry 12 pointer

May 10, 2009
  3. Gooch

Gooch 8 pointer

Feb 24, 2004
    .lincoln co ky
    Should be a good day

mudhole crossing likes this.
  4. mudhole crossing

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    My fav time of year. He's only 10; got a turkey and 2 deer under his belt. Hoping he pursues the tradition. Not pushing anything but Im surely trying to persuade

dirtstalker and bondhu like this.
  5. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 8 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    Good luck to the young man. Hopefully he keeps the passion.

6. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 8 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    My boy turns 7 in april...hoping to get him a turkey this year. He has been w/me for several kills, but never been the trigger man...hopefully that changes this year. His passion for this stuff is great..and i hope it stays this way.

All he asked for his bday is trapping stuff, turkey calls, and a new pair of rubber boots for hunting. No mention of any toys

7. mudhole crossing

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    My son is 10 with a turkey, 2 deer and a squirrel under his belt and loves to shroom. If he don't turn out to be an outdoirmans, I tried. But u never know. Hope urs dirtstslker gets a big gobbler!

8. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 6 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    Good luck that’s great he wants to go. Nothing like it. You gotter out there early looks like. Hope these high winds don’t mess it up.

9. mudhole crossing

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    Yea I'm gonna check it this weekend to see if it's up in top of a tree somewhere lol

OLE RASPY likes this.
  10. Drahts

Drahts 10 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    I put two blinds out for the kiddos last week, staked and tied em down! They were strutting out from the blind on cam already! Gotta love it. Good friend has 2 boys coming down to hunt. Both of the boys have never shot a turkey, so fingers crossed! Good luck to all taking a kid out. Pass it on!

11. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 6 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    Checkem for waspers before climbing in. They love blinds.

12. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    Good luck. Im building a haybale blind in the driveway right now for my daughters youth hunt. Been wantin to tackle this project for awhile. So far so good if the ol lady will quit bitchin bout it being in the drive:)

13. Jay Blankenship

Jay Blankenship 6 pointer

Mar 22, 2018
    OH
    Well. It’s that of year men. Not even the Nov rut makes my feet hit the floor like a gobbling turkey does. Very fortunate to have two boys 15,8 that love it too !! KY youth 2018 found the then 14yr old harvesting his first out of state bird with the 7yrd old getting his first ever in OH a a few weeks later. The 2019 KY Youth hunt will find both boys on the T/C encores side by side. The 8yr old will be between my legs and the 15yr old on point right beside. Should be a great time again and fun spring of us all sharing the good and bad times we are about to endure. I read back through our forums and pics of last year and we have our Work cutout for us to match it. Ones thing for sure we can’t nor will have any luck on the couch!! It’s almost time ..YELP...YELP...CUT...CUT...CUT...GOOBLE!

dirtstalker likes this.
  14. mudhole crossing

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    Where have u been since spring 2018 lol?

15. Jay Blankenship

Jay Blankenship 6 pointer

Mar 22, 2018
    OH
    Howdy mud !!! I’ve been on. Just reading. Haven’t posted much. But I can’t hold back the fever much more. I’m not sure who Is more excited. Me. Or them two boys of mine.