You may not believe me but...

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by WildmanWilson, Sep 13, 2018.

1. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    I killed my buck this year without big name mineral or corn. No scent suits. No big name camo. No acorn cruncher. No ozone machine. I actually didn’t even wash anything in unscented soap as I normally do. I went to the closest and pulled out a 20+ year old Walmart camo shirt and gave it a sniff (didn’t smell like fresh laundry) and a pair of work jeans. Went out and got my leafy suit that had been in the building and slipped it on.

I hunted the wind and even though it was swirling a little it still worked out. I wouldn’t have been a very good tv hunter because I didn’t have a long list of products to give thanks to. Oh, and I almost forgot my 1 dollar fake broad head that left a great blood trail. I did use a Mathews Halon and a new Millennium stand so maybe that was it.

Just a little reminder that we can still kill a deer without driving ourselves crazy and without buying every product made.

2. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    California ky
    Good post! I have been minimizing costs on equipment and spending money and time on habitat and food plots as of late.

Is this the first year for the millennium? I have a 250$ BP giftcard and they look mighty comfy.

Giveem3outdoors likes this.
  3. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    I really like the stand. I’m not used to actually being comfortable lol. I like the bracket that you put up first and then pull the stand up and put it in. Much easier than holding the weight of the stand and trying to get it hooked around the tree. I got mine at Whittakers for 189 I believe. Has a big platform too.

4. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    Pure luck. :D

carnivore likes this.
  5. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    California ky
    Do you remember the model name?

6. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    California ky
    Broken clock is right twice a day.

Nock likes this.
  7. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 6 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    Waco
    This is how grew up hunting in northern MI.. a wool hunting suit from Sears a 30-3O rifle and good pair of boots and hunting on the ground.

8. rme hunter

rme hunter 8 pointer

Dec 1, 2006
    Breckinridge County
    Millennium M100 is the best lock on available.

mike goodlett and Chilly like this.
  9. Chilly

Chilly 10 pointer

I love mine as well! I'd love to have the monster but not sure where it would come into play.
    I made about 10 receivers for my m100. Just pack it in to wherever I have one placed and hunt in comfort.

10. Carpdaddy

Carpdaddy 10 pointer

May 12, 2016
    Corbin, Ky
    You sure it’s dead Wildman?
    If I were to kill a world record I probably wouldn’t make a dime from sponsors, just don’t have that much high tech stuff!

redjackson likes this.
  11. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    You know the saying...better lucky than good!!

Nock likes this.
  12. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    I bought the M150. It has a footrest on the end and has the full seat.

carnivore likes this.
  13. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    If I kill a world record I’m using every product made $$$$$. I couldn’t have done it withou scentloc, yeti, under armor, ....

14. T-wil69

T-wil69 8 pointer

Jan 16, 2015
    Funny how it works out, I did use corn to kill mine but the day I killed him I put corn out in my rzr 3 hours before I hunted, I had no interest in hunting that evening but about an hour before dark I decided to walk up to my field to see if anything was stirring, sat there about 200 yards from the corn pile for about 5 mins and said to myself if I’m gonna sit here might as well go sit in the stand, I always wash my clothes and take a shower before hunting but this day my clothes had been laying in the floor all day and I had just got home from work, right before dark 3 does and two bucks circled my stand completely and never knew I was there, my wife has hunted there some since and every time a doe catches her scent and blows for about an hour

15. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 6 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    Waco
    funny you say that , a guy I have hunted with a few times(not gonna name drop, you might know who he is) killed the biggest buck ever with a bow (Ohio) think it actually was a world record bow kill, he has sold a lot of can calls for primos since then.