You ever get a laugh out of

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Duster, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Things people put up for sale on places like Facebook or Craigslist. Some make me laugh, seen one ad today where this person had a Fridge Raider for sell. Lot's of for sell things not for sale but for sell. Car for sell in good condition, just needs a new door, fender, hood, engine and has some electrical issues or the like. Makes me wonder how these people make it thru life at times or are their enough suckers out there that buy these for sell things. I bet a job interview with some of them would be a hoot. Wife and myself been going thru those sites looking for a rolltop desk she wants. By the prices some ask for one they must be made of gold.

JR PORTER and KYote-Krusher like this.
  2. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    Or, I got a used honda for sail. That makes me laugh.

Capttrae likes this.
  3. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Roll bail of hay--- bale
    Deer Heard--- herd

barney likes this.
  4. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    California ky
    that one just sunk in lol.

5. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I find this entire thread extremely ironic.

6. KYote-Krusher

KYote-Krusher 10 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    South Central Kentucky

ROF!! :D:D

7. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I used to work with a guy that had a portion of an old taped Tradio call in that we’d play and laugh our arses off. This lady was trying to sell a couch and kept saying she had a “sexual” for sale. The host made it even worse as he kept asking questions to make her say it over and over. “What kind of couch?” “ It’s a nice gently used sexual.”

TripleGee and barney like this.
  8. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Understandably there’s humor to be found... but honestly I think back to my grand parents and great grand parents. Education wise .. maybe 6th grade or lucky they went as far as the eighth . Which back then .. kids got what they could but they was needed to farm & work in general. Not much stock put into education and definitely not the English language.

I remember a pillow pronounced “piller” or a wasp called a “wasper”.
    Just a whole slew of words that some how got an “er” added to the end of it...lol.

Guess I heard it so much growing up I don’t pay a lot of attention to it even now. It’s a little like some of Jeff Foxworthy’s .. you might be a redneck. It’s a language & spelling to itself.

carnivore likes this.
  9. JR PORTER

JR PORTER 6 pointer

May 1, 2014
    KNOTT CO. KY
    Don't blame him, wouldn't want someone around raiding my fridge either!

10. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I put this on another forum I visit and one made a post along those lines. Said they shared a apartment while in college with one of those Fridge Raiders. :D

JR PORTER likes this.
  11. timer

timer 8 pointer

Feb 20, 2013
    La Grange
    Questions I used to ask my "raised just outside of Luavul kids when they were small...."

Q - What's the plural of "wasp?"
    A - "Waspers."

Q - Where do you grow tobacco?
    A - A baccer patch.

12. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Back when I was young we had one of the only telephones in our neighborhood. One gal's mom would send her to our house if she needed bad to make a call. Gal always ask if she could news the phone.

13. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Yep.... then you have the infamous taters & maters ... short version of tomaters and potaters.

The next degree of worse..is worser. As in grannies feelin worser today then yesterday.

Also might as well throw in a a few “go get” or “done did” into the mix.

Another honorable mention ... the word “show” is actually a place. As instead of saying we went to the theatre and watched a movie.... you simply went to the show last night.

Funny thing is this is universal from one end of the state to the other. If you were born here.. you speak Kentuckian and don’t think twice about it.. lol.

bondhu likes this.
  14. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Heck this is my dad right now JD. Honestly he’s an old throwback mountain man. He just makes up words. Funny part is he’ll talk to crowds at events where he dresses up in his frontier clothes and they’ll just look at each other like, “What the heck is he talkin about?” He’s a hoot no doubt!

15. Cornpile

Cornpile 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2006
    Kornfield County,KY
    This reminds me of two teen age girls at a birthday party I
    went to last week. The two teens were seated at the same table as
    I was,but behind me.
    One of the older ladies was speaking of her husband and said,"Look
    at him grinning like a old possum".
    The teen girls looked at each other and one asked " Whats grinning like
    a old possum mean ?
    Then the other girl asked " Whats a possum ??
    I ALMOST LAUGHED OUT LOUD