woman sueing over hot food

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by ojibwa62, Mar 21, 2019.

1. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N/A
    Do we not have personal accountability anymore?
    what kind of idiot do you need to be to shove HOT food fresh form the kitchen down your pie hole without at least checking to see how hot it is?
    The woman should get nothing and deserves nothing. She should also have to pay all legal fees for olive garden.

But she won't have to , because olive garden will cave to save face.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/woman-sues-olive-garden-over-hot-mushrooms

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    EC likes this.
  2. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Just too easy to send it back to the kitchen (or even just wait a bit until it cooled down) and complain to the manager...not when there's at least one psycho judge out there that might give her some money.

Here's a tip for her: Stuff that comes out of an oven may be really hot.

00noturkey likes this.
  3. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N/A
    I know for a fact my dumbass has burnt my mouth on hot food, and guess what , it was my fault.

4. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

It worked for the coffee lady didn't it ? How many millions did she get ?

5. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N/A
    a bunch.

6. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    Premade and in the wave too long

7. Strutter

Strutter Cyber-Hunter

Dec 9, 2001
    USA.
    I have a friend that works in the burn unit at a hospital and they were shown the pics of that lady. She had to have skin graffs and all to repair the damage. My friend said they were extremely bad burns.

8. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Wonder if she would have sued if her coffee would have been cold ?

9. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY

That was a 79 year old lady who suffered 3rd degree burns, was hospitalized for 8 days and required several skin graft surgeries, in order to recover. She actually didn't win millions. If memory serves, it was a little over 600k.

Get the facts before posting.:rolleyes:

10. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I sure am glad you kept up with that, My memory said she got awarded a lot more than 600K. Maybe that's what she ended up getting after the lawyers got their cut. Planning on putting a lawsuit on someone ? In hopes of getting some free money ?
    Liebeck v. McDonald's Restaurants, also known as the McDonald's coffee case and the hot coffee lawsuit, was a 1994 product liability lawsuit that became a flashpoint in the debate in the United States over tort reform. Although a New Mexico civil jury awarded $2.86 million to plaintiff Stella Liebeck, a 79-year-old woman who suffered third-degree burns in her pelvic region when she accidentally spilled hot coffee in her lap after purchasing it from a McDonald's restaurant, ultimately Liebeck was only awarded $640,000.

11. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    Nope, not the suing type. We looked at it I'm a class I took in college. It wouldn't surprise me if you sued someone if you had the chance. Most liberals are that way.

12. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N/A
    We are the most latigious society on the planet, one needs only watch daytime TV I nothing but ads for ambulance chasers.

13. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Yep plenty of them around.

14. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 10 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    Olive Garden is the worst. I'd like to sue the one in Richmond for my $65 back. Heck Fazoli's has better food and you aren't sitting elbow to elbow.

15. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Underground Bunker in KY
    In my opinion she needed it shoved up arse. o_Oo_O