Why are airguns not listed under Hunting weapons on this forum ?

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by hatsan125sniper, Jul 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If you read the Kentucky dept of fish and wildlife resources Kentucky Hunting & Trapping Guide you will see that airguns are listed as legal weapons ,but for some reason they are not listed here on this forum under the Hunting weapons section . They have sections for
    Archery Equipment ,
    Crossbow Forum,
    Traditional Archery,
    Muzzleloaders and
    Modern Firearms. but no airguns . How about adding a air gun section .

2. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    How about pea shooters and sling shots?

3. BowOnly

BowOnly 8 pointer

Mar 6, 2008
    I know more atlatl hunters than air gun hunters.

4. Are pea shooters and sling shots listed as legal weapons by the Kentucky dept of fish and wildlife resources like the air gun is ? If they are not please restrain from making stupid comments on this post .

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  5. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    You’ve made 24 threads on here 22 of which have said something about an air gun. Go spam somewhere else

6. Thanks for reading my post . How am I doing KY Swamp Beagler

Capttrae I wish you would have read the one just above yours I post where there is something about not making stupid comments on this post .

Yes I have been posting about airguns . Its a growing form of hunting . The newer air guns are very accurate and range from shotguns to .177 caliber all the way up to 50 caliber and are able to kill animals from chipmunks to Elk . The only difference in the guns you use and the airguns is that compressed air forces the projectile out of the barrel instead of gun powder . That the only difference . Its nothing to be afraid of and you might just like hunting with them if you give it a try airguns .

They are very cheap to shoot which in turns allows more people to have more trigger time behind the trigger . For example 500 ,22 caliber pellets run about 6 dollars . That's a lot of shooting and its a lot of fun . The more you shoot the better shooter you become .

I'm just asking for a weapons section for airguns . It is a legal weapon to use in KY .

I'm not spamming I don't even know what that is or what that has to do with wanting airguns to have its own section . I have not made 24 threads , I only made a few .

One was in the coyote section where I was asking if people would like to see airguns allowed to be used at night because of silence and safety of the airguns .

The other thread was in the Turkey section where I was asking the best way to make a airgun a legal weapon to use for Turkey hunting ,where I was trying to explain to people that airguns are safer to use than shot guns because of how shotgun shell has 100 pellet travel over 1,300 fps and can travel up to 300 yards through the woods while a 22 cal air gun pellet drops within 100 yards .

The last one was in the fish & game section asking them about night hunting with a air gun and using a air shot gun for Turkey .

So if that spamming well I guess I'm a spammer . Or maybe just maybe I'm wanting to use my airguns to go Turkey hunting like you use your shotgun or maybe just maybe I want to take my air gun to go night hunting for coyotes with my night vision attached .

With the addition of a air gun section other air gun hunters across the state would have a place to talk about their hunts and share photo . Kind of like what you would do in the other sections they have here on the forum.

Would you do me a favor Capprae would you just not click on or make comments in any of the other threads I start . Apparently you have something against air gun hunters .

Capprae who made you the Thread police ? I have just made a few threads and you call me a spammer ? You have made over 2,000 so what does that make you A super spammer ? If the number of threads make you a spammer will looks like your the champ .

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  7. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    I like pellet guns as much as the next guy. I don’t think they would get a ton of traffic in their own section but I say by all means start a thread in the community forum or general hunting. Look at the arrowhead thread. Hundreds of views and responses. I think if you post interesting content it might gain some traction. Post up some of your air guns and some kills. I would love to see it.

8. Okay thanks muddhunter I'm not very familiar with this forum yet or where to post things . I just noticed that there was no airgun listed under the weapons section but 3 for arrows and 2 for firearms . So thats why I asked . I'm sure there have been hundreds of other air gun hunters that have scrolled looking for a air gun section but didn't bother to look into why there isn't a section . From the responses I have received from other members it seems to me they have something against airguns and airgun hunters . The responses as you can read have been out right rude . I have a hard time just brushing off comments from other members that make rude comments that have nothing to do with the thread . Just look at capttrae his post has nothing what so ever in any way shape or form to do with the thread and for some reason felt he has to type out I was a spammer . Is it just me or is he a total ass hole ?

9. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I vote to ban and confiscate all air guns.

mmayes, elkaholic, 300winmag and 3 others like this.
  10. Meatstick

Meatstick 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    And ban this dam Hatsan dude too

Feedman and EdLongshanks like this.
  11. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Please refrain from starting stupid threads.

mmayes, Giveem3outdoors and Capttrae like this.
  12. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    I’m just a total ass hole

Nock and EdLongshanks like this.
  13. T-wil69

T-wil69 8 pointer

Jan 16, 2015
    If you don’t want rude people who tell you like it is then your on the wrong forum, you should head over to the waterfowl forum they are easy to get along with

14. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Hey, Hatsan.

Sorry you got burned here. I have been a member here for 15 years. When this forum started there seemed to be more libtards here. It took me 5 years to like this forum. There are a lot of good people here with a wealth of information. It just takes a little time to get to know them. There are people here that I have never met that I would do anything I could to help them. One of them is Barney, he is solid gold. Here when a stranger comes in, some of us act like we are in old Dodge City. We give strangers the hairy eyeball until we get to know them. We don't like spammers or smart arses. When you have been here a while, you might get away with being a bit of a smart arse. Lol You started off on the wrong foot. Like most forums we don't like cross posting. If you want to make a post, do it in one sub-forum, not in multiple places, scattered everywhere. When I first saw your post scattered all over the forum, I got aggravated. When I saw you were a fellow air gunner, I gave you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you just had a “Dumb and Dumber” moment. Lol

I have been wanting to start an air gun thread for a long time but haven't got around to it. Most people do not know the capability of modern airguns. I used to squirrel hunt with a 22 powder burner and coyote with a .243. Now I only use my Air rifles. They are powerful and sound like a mouse fart.

If I can ever get around to starting the thread, maybe we can have some discussion on this subject.

Best Regards,

Carl

hatsan125sniper likes this.
  15. rlb165

rlb165 10 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    I wouldn't say you're a "total" a-hole...more like a semi-colon.

BOOM!!!! I've been waiting 18 years to get to use that!!
    Totally worth it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.