Western Archery Elk Hunting with a guide service??

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by F250Stroke, Aug 30, 2018.

1. F250Stroke

F250Stroke 10 pointer

i was just wondering if anyone had been archery elk hunting out west with a guide service and if so any recommendations on a good one?

2. F250Stroke

F250Stroke 10 pointer

So, has anyone ever used an outfitter for a western states elk hunt? Gun or bow??

3. gds

gds 6 pointer

Jan 2, 2005
    NORTHERN KY.
    A few years back I hunted northern Idaho with Russell Pond B bar C Outfitters . Rifle hunt first time , bow hunt second time .Great people , beautiful mountains , lots of game (elk ,mule deer, mt. lions, moose, black bear mt. goats and wolves ) .At 8-10,000 ft. it takes a few days to get use to the thin air . You ride on mules ten miles from the trail head to get to camp . I never saw another person (other than our group of hunters ) either week . A true wilderness experience . Pm me with your phone number, if you would like more information , if your interested in hunting this area .

4. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    I was suspposed to go 4-5 years ago. Had booked with guys at Colorado Elk Camp Outfitters. Even though I didn’t get to go they seemed like stand up guys. If I ever get the chance to go again I’ll go with them

5. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    SnS outfitters in Wy. Klazy3 in Montana. Doug Starr in Az. Black Mountain in NM. US outfitters in Az.
    most states are draw only. Idaho has OTC tags.

6. DWBMontana

DWBMontana Fawn

Nov 2, 2018
    Montana
    Would you be interested in leasing a week of bow season on a 11,000 acre ranch I have secured for 2019? It is in central Montana near White Sulphur Springs, all deeded, plus a pile of state and federal forest bordering it.