Walker Dog Bloodline

Discussion in 'Coon Hunting' started by Chopper357, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Chopper357

Chopper357 Fawn

Oct 1, 2017
    Harlan Kentucky
    What's your favorite bloodline? My for now is tequila sunrise

2. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of Western KY
    If you’re a Walker dog man, and haven’t read it already, I’d recommend Lester Nance’s book Treeing Walker History and Memories. There’s a lot of good information and insight into how Nance put foxhounds that naturally treed coons into his line.

A very enjoyable read.

3. T-wil69

T-wil69 8 pointer

Jan 16, 2015
    High x for sure, had an all grand pup out of him and couldn’t ask for a easier pup to teach but the best dog that I have ever owned and will ever own was out of swamps little panic, bought him as a pup and he died at the age of 12 this past 4th of July so I threw in the towel

4. Chopper357

Chopper357 Fawn

Oct 1, 2017
    Harlan Kentucky
    Man don't quit because of that get a kid into hunting. If you want some good pups this April I should have some big money x tequila sunrise and American Express female

5. Chilly

Chilly 10 pointer

I liked them swamp dogs. My buddy had one that he named Little Swamp that was a fun dog to hunt. Forgot what female he was out of but he was the smallest weakest pup in a litter and Keith have him to my buddy because he wouldn't sell. Made a hell of dog.

6. wv67

wv67 6 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    Pm me what kind of money your talking about for pups chopper 357 and do ya think they would make good Bear dogs

7. T-wil69

T-wil69 8 pointer

Jan 16, 2015
    My old dog topped out at about 45 lbs but had a bark that you could tell from any other dog, didn’t say much on track and wasn’t a hard tree dog but he wouldn’t leave the tree and was very accurate more of a pleasure dog the a comp, I did win a few ukc hunts but not enough to title , I had the pleasure of running him with one of his litter mates and he was complete opposite

8. buckfever2

buckfever2 6 pointer

Jan 3, 2009
    Shoot me a pm. May be interested in a pup once litter is here.