USA/NK talks

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Duster, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

What you think will come out of these talks. One thing that has popped up that bothers me is the thing of removing US troops out of SK. Looks to me like that would be opening the door for another attempt for North to overrun south. Without US troops in place it would be a cake walk for them to do so IMO. And do we need another war over there ? Just like Nam being split and once the USA pulled out the north took over the south in a very short time. It amounts to how much faith one puts on the NK leader. And we all know in the past he has not held up his end of the deal.

2. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I think nothing but good can come from these talks. Kim has someone in control now that isn't playing games. Donald will get him to commit to his terms, or be completely exiled.

barney and EdLongshanks like this.
  3. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Agreed. The communist left is trying their best to spin this negatively somehow. Mind boggling. Only good can come from this meeting. Even if the meeting completely fails...it’s a good step in the right direction. Kudos to president trump.

gung, EC, barney and 4 others like this.
  4. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    Kim loves Kim too much to do something real stupid. All the missile launching was right out of their playbook for the last 50 years. They rattle some sabers and the West gives them stuff to be nice again. That's how they got their nuclear materials in the first place. He finally saw it wouldn't work this time.

5. Larry Risner

Larry Risner 6 pointer

Mar 15, 2018
    Berea, kentucky
    We only have about 3 or 4 thousand real combat troops there the rest are admin, ash and trash remfs. The situation is way different than in the time of the Korean War 1950s, the ROK army is a highly trained modern army today and their waiting on them. The NORKs might get a lick or two in at the start but in the long term like a week or two they would get crushed even without our help. If China thought for one minute that Little Rocketman would really sling some nukes our way they would off that fool themselves. Like the man said they are looking for a hand out.

Wildcat likes this.
  6. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Kim will not do anything. He knows what the United States can do pretty fast ever if our forces are removed plus he's seen what his grandfather and father tried and failed. Like the others have said, nothing but good is coming from these talks. Now it's up to the US to keep track on everything they do before releasing pressure on NK. We will see what happens over the next 4-5 meetings in the coming years. Like President Trump or not this is a great thing he was able to do.

EC, EdLongshanks and bondhu like this.
  7. useyourbow

useyourbow 12 pointer

Simply having the face to face meetings is an accomplishment historically based on Kim's father and grandfather. Self preservation is Kim's main motivation. For his people he can go back and say I am bringing home the bacon. If and when the sanctions are lifted he will be held in high regard. MIA and POW remains are a huge win for 1000's of american families too.

Trump is proving conventional ways are not always the right way. The only way to end a stalemate is to make a move, "Fire and Fury" was Trump's.

Our friends on the left believe we must walk lock step with the rest of the world, don't do anything to upset the norm. The norm has cost our great nation dearly and I am glad we have someone who is finally bucking the system.

MAGA

bondhu and EdLongshanks like this.
  8. 1sttop

1sttop 6 pointer

Jun 29, 2007
    Flaherty, KY
    You are a true douche bag! Everyone, regardless of their MOS is a Soldier, Sailor, Airman, or Marine. If you are willing to put on a uniform and potentially get killed for our country then you deserve better than to be called ash and trash or REMF. Show some respect ass wipe......

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    ddwhitetails, DH13 and drakeshooter like this.
  9. bigbonner

bigbonner 8 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
  10. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Yep. Even the cooks at Bastogne had to pick up M1s. Corregidor too. Too many battles of desperation to list where so-called "non-combatants" had to pick up the rifle.

DH13 likes this.
  11. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

You just have to overlook guys like Larry Risner, they either didn't have the ball's to sign up or dodged the draft. Don't let people like him get to you.

12. Larry Risner

Larry Risner 6 pointer

Mar 15, 2018
    Berea, kentucky
    First you bunch of HUMPs just what I would expect from Fobits. I will put my DD214 up against anyone of yours any day of the week for the things on it or the things that couldn't be listed because of security reasons. But I forgive you for your foolishness.

EdLongshanks likes this.
  13. I nearly replied that the first time I heard REMF it came from a former special forces member. I figured you were former military from your lingo.

14. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    If they can bring home the remains of the solders, I say this was a successful meeting

15. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Spoken like a true bullet sponge...:p

DH13 likes this.