Try this, Snowflakes......

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by reivertom, May 15, 2019.

1. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    yote hunter likes this.
  2. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    That’s one oh tough bird, it’s amazing , what a person could do , if they had too.

TripleGee likes this.
  3. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
  4. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
  5. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 8 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    Remind me to sharpen my knife when I get home

Meatstick likes this.
  6. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
  7. We had a farmer locally 40+ years ago get his arm ripped off by a spinning pto shaft turning a grain auger. Got his shirt sleeve caught. Luckily about the time the arm was doing spins around the shaft another farmer pulled up, secured the stump tight with bailing wire and managed to retrieve the arm and toss it in his drink cooler. The man is alive today but the arm couldn’t be saved. I reckon he stayed conscious the entire 15 minute ride and they talked all the way to the hospital.

TripleGee and xbokilla like this.
  8. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    A total badass! Reminds me of something my dad would do. He’s never done anything that extreme but plenty of crap my soft arse probably couldn’t do. He fell 26 feet into concrete once when a buckle broke on his stilts, rolls down some steps then fell another 10 feet into more concrete. He was back working in less than 6 months. He’ll be 77 soon and I’m sure he can still kick my butt. I’d say this old fella can kick a few with that one leg!

yote hunter, drakeshooter and barney like this.
  9. 00noturkey

00noturkey 8 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    high grove, ky
    be my luck, i wouldn't have a knife on me. then though, i got to make a decision.

10. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    It wasn't uncommon, where I grew up, especially in a farming community, to see guys with missing limbs or digits. I never see this anymore. Maybe that's because where I live? Or because there's so little of the population farming.

Dark Cloud likes this.
  11. Everything has guards and covers on it these days. I helped put a swing set together a couple years ago and was amazed how smooth all the edges were, with all the bolt ends covered in plastic caps and the chains encased safely in plastic tubes. We had one when I was a kid around 1973 and I lost a lot of skin and blood to ours lol.

12. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 8 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    Very true, it takes me close to an hour to grease my new batwing because of all the goofy pto shields on everything it is so frustrating. I swear every time I’m gonna rip them off but I can’t bring myself to do it

JR in KY and drakeshooter like this.
  13. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Yeah, I hate those shields around every thing, but it's best to leave them in place. One of my neighbors got wound up in an elevator last year and it almost killed him.
    All the old farmers had missing fingers or worse, but i think COPD killed off most of them. I got all my parts, but none of them work very good anymore. Yeah, that one too.
    I worked on my hay cutter half the day today getting it ready to go. All those spinning blades are dangerous, but a hay Fluffer is worse. You don't respect it like you do the cutters. All that spinning rotating stuff is dangerous as a loaded gun.
    I have been lucky so far.

drakeshooter likes this.