Trailcam footage of a rabbit nest

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Hoosier Sasquatch, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Hoosier Sasquatch

Hoosier Sasquatch 6 pointer

Sep 11, 2017
    Madison, Indiana
    So the kids found a rabbit nest in the yard. I strapped a bushnell trailcam to a tobacco stick in hopes of getting a few videos. It worked out pretty good!

EC, carnivore, davers and 6 others like this.
  2. Genesis 27:3

Genesis 27:3 8 pointer

Oct 13, 2018
    Christain county
  3. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I did this same thing last year. Hooked mine to my privacy fence. Had fun watching momma bunny although she didn’t come every night. Sadly when they got big enough to start venturing out, I awoke one morning to three mangled baby bunnies on my patio. I cleared up the crime scene before my little one got out of bed. She just decided the bunnies got big and left. I’m guessing a couple neighborhood cats. Sorry to be a downer but thought I’d prepare you.

Hoosier Sasquatch likes this.
  4. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    Cats are devistating on rabbits. And it don’t have to be a lil one either. I’ve see our cat bring in grown rabbits a kicking the crap out of the cat but cat didn’t seem to mine the flurry while packing them. I’ve took a many baby bunnies away from cats and let them go. When they haul in a big one I take them too and skin em.

carnivore likes this.
  5. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Nice, I like the video but watch out when you mow the yard. I ran over a nest last year with the discbine and it wasn't pretty.

Hoosier Sasquatch likes this.
  6. Hoosier Sasquatch

Hoosier Sasquatch 6 pointer

Sep 11, 2017
    Madison, Indiana
    member: 19499"]I did this same thing last year. Hooked mine to my privacy fence. Had fun watching momma bunny although she didn’t come every night. Sadly when they got big enough to start venturing out, I awoke one morning to three mangled baby bunnies on my patio. I cleared up the crime scene before my little one got out of bed. She just decided the bunnies got big and left. I’m guessing a couple neighborhood cats. Sorry to be a downer but thought I’d prepare you.[/QUOTE]
    The kids found one of the original three kits sitting in the yard. Turns out it had ventured too far and froze ( I assume, as it was unmarked. that is what prompted the camera placement.

7. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 8 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    Well dang. Little feller died. That sucks

8. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Everything has little critters in the nest right now; rabbits, squirrels, Coyotes, Hawks and other birds.
    Every Mom Cat has a litter of Kittens....I've got one I can't find right now.
    Spring has Sprung.