That big TN non typical.......

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by KYBOY, Dec 14, 2016.

1. buckchaser

buckchaser 8 pointer

Jan 11, 2003
    Ky, USA.
    According to video on YouTube the Tennessee department of wildlife knew of the deer before it was killed

2. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    The story I read said it won't be certified by B&C until their 2019 convention. Why do they need to wait 2 years?

3. evolved10

evolved10 Fawn

Jul 31, 2015
    Do you have a link to the video?

4. buckchaser

buckchaser 8 pointer

Jan 11, 2003
    Ky, USA.
  5. evolved10

evolved10 Fawn

Jul 31, 2015
    Yes, it worked and thank you.

6. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    that's just what B&C does. they panel score pending world records at their 3 yr convention.

7. Ginsenghunter

Ginsenghunter 10 pointer

Jul 5, 2010
    On the line
    They knew of the deer because it was killed in Gallatin. IN Gallatin, right behind a house in a subdivision.
    The GW was well aware of the deer and was keeping tabs on him hoping he wouldn't be killed by a roadhunter.
    There were multiple trail cameras that had the buck and at least 1 man had been showing the trailpics and talking of how he couldn't wait for gun season. He should have boughta bow or a muzzleloader.

8. nontypical2002

nontypical2002 6 pointer

Feb 26, 2006
    Looks like it's official.....312 0/8" B&C...This buck had 162 7/8" of abnormal points!! Unbelievable.....hard to believe it didn't break off some of those abnormal points on that "Amish high fence" huh....

9. Bee

Bee 8 pointer

Mar 14, 2005
    No use whining about the legitimacy of the deer, or alluding to "high fences" or such. Absolutely documented free range and about as observed as any trophy possibly could be prior to its kill.

10. nontypical2002

nontypical2002 6 pointer

Feb 26, 2006
    Hey Bee....perhaps you read through my sarcasm. I wasn't whining about the legitimacy of this deer, but I did mention high fences. Only because in the first couple pages when this deer first hit the cyber world one person mentioned Amish...then, it was a pen raised deer that escaped....no way it could be a free range deer and so on. It just pisses me off people have to assume the worst if someone takes a deer bigger than "their" ego can handle. Sorry my sarcastic comment above was taken wrong....

11. Bee

Bee 8 pointer

Mar 14, 2005
    '''It just pisses me off people have to assume the worst if someone takes a deer bigger than "their" ego can handle'''

me too

12. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    J-Town
    I don't think the point of the Amish questions were around how the deer was hunted, I think it was more around how it managed to get so big. If it was 300+ this years, how big was it last year, or the year before? How many hunters would've passed on a 150 deer, even if it was only a 1.5 year deer?

"How did it survive long enough to get that big?" I think that's what the question really was.

What we're really missing is someone saying, "it's ok, but next year, it really would've been a whopper". :D

13. Ginsenghunter

Ginsenghunter 10 pointer

Jul 5, 2010
    On the line
    The deer was 3 yrs old. In my opinion he had some sort of gland issue to cause it. Why was he not killed last year? Maybe he wasn't there last year. I know the guy that killed it didn't hunt that place last year. I am not sure he even deer hunted at all last year.
    Just good timing. Jumped him in the combine. Threw up a camera and he was easy to pattern being the only crop field anywhere around.
    Next year the field will be houses, as it is being planned for a subdivision. I hope they name it after the buck somehow.

14. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    What a shame!