Thanks to covert text cam and Facebook got my camera back same day

Discussion in 'Game Trail Cameras & Camcorders' started by Muzzy Moment, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Muzzy Moment

Muzzy Moment 6 pointer

Sep 8, 2011
    Eastern KY
    Had my covert stolen while I was at work today. Good thing was I got a pic of the person before they turned it off. Figured it was fine because I didn't get anymore pics after him so I went to check this evening sure enough it was gone. Posted pic on Facebook and within 39 mins had the guys name. Contacted sheriffs offcie and before they could go to his house word got to him and he called and told me he had taken the camera. Young boy who hopefully learned his lesson. Talked with boys mother and she assured me he would be dealt with accordingly. I guess this time Facebook was good for something other than political fights.
    Now my question he either threw the SIM card away or lost it. Will covert send me another one like the one that came with the camera or can I get a new one at at&t store and get it activated?

2. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Call his mother and tell her you want it back or a new one so you don't press charges.

3. Muzzy Moment

Muzzy Moment 6 pointer

Sep 8, 2011
    Eastern KY
    Covert sending me a new one for free.

Brsutton86 and richief like this.
  4. Zforzachariah

Zforzachariah Spike

Jul 7, 2017
    East BumbleF
    That's awesome. I have problems with some areas with theft and always hesitated with putting nice trail cameras there. Glad you got a pic and got it back. Facebook is good for something lol

5. Buford

Buford 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Zone 1 bachelor heaven
    Good on you. Bout the time I gave up on covert I lost a browning cam and ladder stand. Guy renting from neighbor is the guy. He's gonna get a surprise this year. Grown ass man stealing shit. Pitiful.

6. Giveem3outdoors

Giveem3outdoors 10 pointer

Jan 18, 2009
    ohio county ky
    Covert has always been great to deal with for me I was at they're headquarters earlier this week it's amazing the sheer amount of cameras they have on hand

7. elkaholic

elkaholic 10 pointer

Jan 12, 2012
    Pendleton County
    If it was me I would talk to his mother and get her to meet you at the AT&T store and get her to buy whatever your camera needs. Its the least she can do.

8. Muzzy Moment

Muzzy Moment 6 pointer

Sep 8, 2011
    Eastern KY
    She offered to buy whatever it needed but it was free from covert.

elkaholic likes this.
  9. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    Great! I love seeing a thief get caught. Hope mama takes a belt to his butt.

Brsutton86, Muzzy Moment and Gooch like this.
  10. Tman6493

Tman6493 6 pointer

Oct 28, 2013
    Louisville
    Terrible to see young people into hunting already trespassing and stealing. Doesn't make the future look good.

If you keep having problems go with a lock box. We keep 4 of ours secured and locked to trees incase of this.

Muzzy Moment likes this.
  11. mustanginky

mustanginky 6 pointer

Sep 25, 2011
    louisville KY
    What happened here is now he knows momma will bail him out of trouble. I would hope that momma or dad whoops his ass. Glad you got it back.

Gooch and Muzzy Moment like this.
  12. rutnbuk

rutnbuk Fawn

Jul 11, 2017
    Mayseville
    I don't know all of the facts here but, maybe he needs a mentor. I mean if you can swing it where you hunt, maybe befriend him take him hunting with you. That could benefit him and you if he never steals from you again.

13. Brsutton86

Brsutton86 12 pointer

Sep 19, 2009
    Harrodsburg, KY
    Covert might not have the best camera but they have had great customer support for me. Glad you got the camera, hopefully the kid learned his lesson. I would issue a stern if one foot is on my property again I'm coming after you to press all the charges I can to him in front of his parents.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017