Raising hunting and fishing license

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by dirthole, Sep 12, 2017.

1. dirthole

dirthole 8 pointer

Feb 8, 2013
    Kentucky
    Seen where there wanting to raise the prices on hunting and fishing licenses. What's your thoughts on this?

2. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Just like everything else, prices increase.

I wish I could still get a 100 pack of skeet shot for $14.99 and a can of snuff for 75 cents but I don't think it's going to happen again.
    I'd also love to fill up my truck at 99 cents a gallon but haven't done that since the 90s.
    Can't find any more 5500 ABUs for $50 and the cost of fishing line is absolute insanity.

davers and KY Swamp Beagler like this.
  3. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I think this was discussed on a previous thread. I will say we got it better than many states so it is what it is. Times change.

davers and KY Swamp Beagler like this.
  4. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of Western KY
    We already beat hell out of that horse over on another thread. Good times were had by all.

gdb, predator1 and bondhu like this.
  5. dirthole

dirthole 8 pointer

Feb 8, 2013
    Kentucky
    I don't get on here much anymore so I didn't know there had been a previous thread on this subject. In my opinion though if there going to raise the prices on us they should at least give the game wardens a raise with this money;them guys don't make near enough money compared to other law enforcement agencies.

gdb and xbokilla like this.
  6. Giveem3outdoors

Giveem3outdoors 10 pointer

Jan 18, 2009
    ohio county ky
    That's all fine and dandy I don't care to pay my part but they need to get our non resident on up where it should be.

7. KYhunter87

KYhunter87 6 pointer

Sep 27, 2015
    Harrison County
    How much is a non-resident license and how much does everyone think it should be?

8. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    California ky
    It would be variable IMO. At minimum whatever the state your from charges OOS hunters is a good starting point.
    Additionally, if KY is Top five for buck quality we ought to be at the highest end (top five) of OOS price too.

9. Ginsenghunter

Ginsenghunter 10 pointer

Jul 5, 2010
    On the line
    NR licenses already had an increase.

10. Giveem3outdoors

Jan 18, 2009
    ohio county ky
    Not enough and another thing is the user permits for public land should be double for non resident ie: resident Peabody permit 15 nr 30 if they can afford to drive from Georgia they're already getting a steal of a hunt with a 120 dollar deer permit good for 2 deer I think it should be up closer to 200 make all the money you can off them maybe it will deter a few and that could work out even better less hunters + more or equal money is a win win

11. predator1

predator1 10 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    While I agree with the idea in theory. It simply won't work. It would take way more resident hunters to make up that lost revenue than would be gained by jacking their prices and running them off. Let's face it. Between ridiculously high lease prices, hunters arguing with other hunters over seasons, weapons, license, etc....were doomed as a whole. Sadly, I've seen the face of enemy, and it's us hunters....

cedar creek likes this.
  12. Giveem3outdoors

Jan 18, 2009
    ohio county ky
    A few more dollars isn't going to run many off if half the state of Georgia is willing to drive up here to sit 30 yards apart from the next guy on Peabody in rifle season then a few more dollars isn't going to be enough to deter them and if you raise prices and make the same amount of money off less nr hunters. Which is the majority of the public land hunters during rifle season because it's such a circus out there that it's not safe less people would have to help out from a safety standpoint. It's truly an issue if you haven't seen it firsthand I urge you to take a drive through Peabody or somewhere similar during rifle season. And take a mental note of how many nr licence plates you see vs ky.

13. Ginsenghunter

Ginsenghunter 10 pointer

Jul 5, 2010
    On the line
    If a NR is hunting for $120, they are illegal.

14. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Ignorance is bliss.

15. Giveem3outdoors

Jan 18, 2009
    ohio county ky
    That's the 2 deer permit for 120 then they have a user permit and hunting license. Still not being competitive with other states look how Arkansas markets they're duck hunting and us ky boys go running because they offer something we can't get here at home. It's the same with our deer herd.