Processors Jefferson County

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by newby, Sep 27, 2003.

1. newby

newby Fawn

Greetings fellas! Just lookin' for some advice on a good taxidermist/processor here east of louisville. I plan on trying my luck out at Taylorsville sometime soon! New to the area, thus the name and have enjoyed the site so far! Thanks for any advice or pointers on where to hunt on public land.

Keep on keepin' on!

2. flathead

flathead Fawn

Sep 14, 2003
    radcliff, ky.
    carters on dixie hwy. jim does a nice job with processing and he also
    does mounts to .

3. hillbilly2163

hillbilly2163 Banned

Aug 19, 2003
    why would you pay to have this done?
    is as much a part of hunting as pulling the trigger. i was always taught to do my own. is much cleaner.

4. RDL270

RDL270 Cyber-Hunter

Apr 14, 2003
    Fern Creek KY
    Clearwater Taxidermy in J-Town, Mike Ohlman of Mikes Custom Taxidermy both do a great job.

Processors, there are serveral, J-Town, Bob, on Dell Lane does a good job.

5. newby

newby Fawn

Thanks for the advice guys. I would love to clean my own deer but don't know how so that's why I have to pay to have it done. I'm sure I could give it a good try but don't want to lose any meat. Does anybody know anyone that teaches how to properly clean and process a deer? I would love to learn! Thanks again guys!

Keep on keepin' on!

6. Birdman

Birdman Cyber-Hunter

Feb 26, 2002
    Paintsville, KY, USA.
    We hope to have a show on this fall, on www.paintsville.org, under PBC8. If so I'll post it on the public form under Cyber Hunters.

7. newby

newby Fawn

Birdman,
    I tried to click on the website but had no luck. Are you saying there will be a show on how to process a deer on public television channel 8? Does anyone else know of anywhere to learn how to process a deer? Thanks for the help guys!

Keep on keepin' on!

8. MontyM

MontyM Fawn

Sep 18, 2003
    Frankfort, Ky, USA.
    Next time you are in Frankfort, go to the game farm to the Salato Wildlife Center gift shop. They have some folding cards on processing deer.

"You can't grill it till you kill it"
    Ted Nugent

9. Birdman

Birdman Cyber-Hunter

Feb 26, 2002
    Paintsville, KY, USA.
    For some reason you must type the address in. They will be a show on that websit concerning processing deer. Later tonight the discussion between Pence and Chandler will be on that site. Sorry you had trouble reaching our site.

10. Turtleky

Turtleky 10 pointer

The reason the link don't work is because you put a "," directly after the "g" in org. Try this next time http://www.paintsville.org