Prairie Dogs - South Dakota

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by BODAB1, May 29, 2018.

1. BODAB1

BODAB1 Spike

Apr 13, 2012
    Just got back from another two day Prairie Dog hunt in South Dakota. This was our second time with Prairie Highlands Outfitters. http://www.prairiehighlandslodge.com Once again it was five star hunting, meals and accommodations. Never ran out of shooting opportunities. Second day we were on the biggest dog town I have ever seen. If you have ever thought about trying this I can highly recommend Abel Harmon and his wife. They will make you feel at home and put you on some of the best prairie dog hunting you can imagine. You know an outfitter is good when people are repeat customers. If you want more details you can email me at edbrodt@att.net

bondhu likes this.
  2. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    Nice advertisement.
    It would be a fun shoot though

gicts likes this.
  3. bird whisperer

bird whisperer 10 pointer

Aug 16, 2012
    Hog Town USA
    Shooting Praie Dogs can be addictive for sure.

4. JR in KY

JR in KY 10 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    I have shot prairie dogs in and around the Rosebud several times over the years.
    If you hunt on the Rez you have to play their game....private ranches are preferred.
    That outfitter looks Pricey, but you get what you pay for.
    I'm going to shoot dogs in Montana for about 10 days in July, and Yes, it's a long damway.

5. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    seems a bit pricey. never hunted dogs with an outfitter though. have hunted dogs in Wyoming a couple of times. find a dog town, knock on doors, offer $50-$100 trespass fee if required and have at it. son and i hunted a 600 acre town while on a pronghorn hunt. land owner told us not to leave any alive, eating up what sparse grass there was for his cattle. fun for sure. 17 HMRs were the ticket (and cheap to shoot) unless the wind was howling.