Porta Potty Hunting Blind

Discussion in 'D.I.Y.' started by evolved10, Nov 28, 2016.

1. evolved10

evolved10 Fawn

Jul 31, 2015
    I'm trying to think outside of the box for a hunting blind for next season. I have a friend that turned a handicap one into a pretty nice hunting blind and that gave me the idea. Does anybody have any type of porta potty for sale or know where the best place to find one. I have looked on craigslist and haven't had much luck.

2. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 8 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    That might just be the ticket,especially for some of us old timers that's had gal bladder surgery

TripleGee likes this.
  3. TripleGee

TripleGee 12 pointer

Sep 13, 2003
    Somerset
    I hope not but this could be a future evolved10 or Dark Cloud Post:

"I wuz pretty proud of myself for expanding on the idea of using an outhouse fer a huntin blind. In theory, it sounded like a good idear..."

"Yep, there I was, just finishing up one of my more outstanding #2's if I do say so myself when I seed him coming over the hill. Hadn't even wiped yet and I still had a firm seal on the seat! So I eased ol' Betsy through the slot I'd cut and let him have it. BOOM!!! Dang if I didn't forget about the sound in a confined space and then the recoil. It knocked me back so hard dang outhouse tipped over and down the hill I went! Things got confusing there for a while. Head over heels, pants over head, heels behind head and worse. I also discoverd that plastic slides real good on a downhill slope. I shot down that slope like an O-limpik Bob Sledder. Inside my genius improvisation, things wasn't as smooth. All my previous gastric expulsions had come back to haunt me. I got slimed.
    Since I's temprarily deef, I couldn't hear any of the commotion and when I finally come to a stop I's face down facing downhill layin on top of the door. It was then I realized that the SHTF! Well in this case not the fan but ME! When my senses had come to I analized my predickymint. The outhouse was slanted top downhill, layin on the door side and pinned aginst a tree. My gun had twisted around and wedged through the door handle on the outside and the butt was firmly wedged under a rock shelf. I was a prisoner of my own device."

Ya'll can finish it from here.

muddhunter, furd, Duster and 4 others like this.
  4. evolved10

evolved10 Fawn

Jul 31, 2015
    Was this supposed to be funny? If so then I believe you failed at this attempt.

5. TripleGee

TripleGee 12 pointer

Sep 13, 2003
    Somerset
    Let me guess. You're either 19 yrs. old or on your liberal man period. Denial will do you no good.

6. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    You couldn't be more mistaken.

7. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 8 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I sure thought it was funny

8. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of Western KY
    A porta-crapper barely has enough room to get comfortable enough to think about solving the world's problems. Throw a long gun in there and that's less room to maneuver.

I will say my buddy used to pole-axe turkeys every year out of a crapper.

9. richief

richief 10 pointer

Jun 20, 2012
    down a holler SE KY
    The handicap ones are pretty big, and would make a fine blind, i have a regular size one for a blind, but ng for bow. Phone around to the portapotty rental companies, they prob have an old one for sale.

10. bird whisperer

bird whisperer 8 pointer

Aug 16, 2012
    Hog Town USA
    Man now thats some great writing. Thanks for the laugh. For some reason it wont let me like it.

11. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I could just picture that....thanks for the laugh.

12. Rheath

Rheath 6 pointer

Feb 18, 2010
    Owen County
    I have been toying with the idea of a blind out of a poly water tank. Can find cracked ones cheap or free. I would want more room than a porta potty.

13. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 8 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    And low and behold, as I lay there a thought came to mind.If only some way I could wiggle around enough to get my trusty old flintlock pistol out from under my back.Finally got it out and loaded up to shoot the brads out of that door handle.That would get the door loose I would be free at last .As I pull the trigger ,the hammer comes down on that piece of flint ,I thought the world was coming to an end.The porta potty sides seem to explode,I guess from all that methane build up.Well into the air ,me and all that was left of the porta potty.I must of went into the air for probably fifty feet,when all of a sudden I came to a sudden stop.Well there I lay across a big hickory limb with my pants down around my ankles.As I turn my head to look down ,and low and behold on the limb below me was the biggest red squirrel I have ever seen,eyeballing parts not covered.

Someone else can finish

TripleGee likes this.
  14. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    I'm gettin' in on this one, it's starting to trend.

15. TripleGee

TripleGee 12 pointer

Sep 13, 2003
    Somerset
    Uh, oh. Sounds like things getting serious now! Toss some romance on the fire here Barney. LOL