Philly Cheesesteak Braid made with canned venison....

Discussion in 'Food Preparation, Camp Cooking and Recipes' started by Lady Hunter, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    [​IMG]

Sautéed some green peppers & onions. Gently stirred in some drained canned venison just enough to warm it up. Laid out 2 cans of crescent rolls with the seams pressed together. Spread softened cream cheese down the middle of the dough. Spooned the pepper/onion/venison mixture on top of the cream cheese. Laid sliced swiss cheese on top of the meat mixture. Sliced the sides of the crescent dough & wrapped it all up in a braid. Sprinkled Italian seasoning across the top & baked it. One of the better ideas I've come up with! We'll be eating this one regularly.... and we're gonna need to put up more canned venison next year for sure!!!

pentail and nock like this.
  2. Pointpuller

Pointpuller 8 pointer

Feb 15, 2011
    Tallahassee, FL.
    That looks awesome!!! Gonna have to give that a try. Thanks

3. jblack1

jblack1 10 pointer

Dec 13, 2005
    Science Hill
    Canned venison is one of the best ways to eat venison,
    fried backstraps is my favorite, but canned is my second favorite, ALWAYS tender and juicy.

4. bondhu

bondhu 10 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    Looks Great, will have to try the crescent roll. Some horse/garlic mayo wont hurt either

Lady Hunter likes this.
  5. SmokeShow

SmokeShow 8 pointer

Nov 11, 2013
    That looks soooo good!

6. invasion36

invasion36 6 pointer

Aug 29, 2013
    Kenton Co
    I don't can venison but I will have no issues slicing up one of my roasts for this recipe. Looks amazing.