Pest Control...

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by dirtstalker, Feb 28, 2019.

1. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 8 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    20190228_161018-1224x1632.jpg Mason wanted to go to the barn after school this evening and do some pest control. He was successful. And believe it or not...he likes eatin the dang things. I must admit though..they do taste pretty dang good..and have some nice size breasts on em. He likes to kill one every so often just to eat.

I have no worries about this kid ever being able to survive...and provide a meal for himself and others.

riverboss, katlynn, MoMan and 9 others like this.
  2. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    One proud boy,keep after em Mason

dirtstalker likes this.
  3. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N.O.T.W
    They are just big ol over grown doves.... Sort of.. I would imagine country birds taste better the garbage eating city ones

4. Kylongrifle32

Kylongrifle32 Fawn

Jan 13, 2019
    Owen co.
    Way to go Mason! Wish I had some around my place to do a little target practice. I picked me up a 17 Mach 2 barrel for my contender and even the starlings have been staying away from the field behind my house.

dirtstalker likes this.
  5. 00noturkey

00noturkey 6 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    high grove, ky
    they eat pigeons in france. squib or something like that. one time in early 90's a friend told me about this, but he had to add a 1 liner.. E said pigeon lips were a delicacy in france. lols..
    as far as eating, i havent tried as yet, but see no reason not too. doz the breast meat taste like dove? i find dove to taste some towards liver, though not so strong.
    they also eat horse in france. i cant go there. i rode to many, and liked too many. aint no pigeons round here. if there were, i might give it a shot. nuff said

EdLongshanks likes this.
  6. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 8 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    Liver consistency..but as strong. They arrent bad at all really.

7. congrats to the boy,I assume they taste like chicken,everything else does.In the summer time me and my daughter shoot blackbirds stealing dogfood.We have killed 25 or more birds in a half day with .22s. It is fun.Cant keep dog food for the dam birds.Dont know how many we kill in a summer,it is a lot

dirtstalker likes this.
  8. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    that's a Booner smile. congrats. Squib, i think, in the grocery stores.

dirtstalker likes this.
  9. 00noturkey

00noturkey 6 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    high grove, ky
    reminds me of a poem. 24 blackbirds baked in a pie, a boy stuck in his thumb, pulled out a plumb, an said what a good boy am I. maybe its a limerick.
    them black birds that hang around here, during warm months are destructive. only if they made the 760 crossman .177 like they used to. i wouldnt get cought, knocking them off. 20 pumps, and it would send a BB through through a metal garbage can, an put a dent on the other side, plus it were accurate. metal garbage cans are thinner now, so it the quality of BB guns.

10. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Underground Bunker in KY
    That's Solid Gold, there. ;);)

dirtstalker likes this.
  11. 00noturkey

00noturkey 6 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    high grove, ky
    i forgot to ask what kind of gun was he using. that smile though, says it dont matter much.

12. JR PORTER

JR PORTER 8 pointer

May 1, 2014
    KNOTT CO. KY
    Chicken lips taste good too!

00noturkey likes this.
  13. JR PORTER

JR PORTER 8 pointer

May 1, 2014
    KNOTT CO. KY
    Looks like a Cricket 22! My Grandson has one, dandy little shooter!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  14. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 8 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    Crickett 22. Stainless barrel..camo laminate stock.

15. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 8 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    You are correct. Was actually suprised on the accuracy for the lil thing. And he shoots it well which is what matters.
    We pick up hickory hulls and he shoots em for practice. 35-40 yards, open sights, and he will bust every one of em.

bondhu and JR PORTER like this.