Patternmaster

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Huntertyler, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Huntertyler

Huntertyler Spike

Nov 3, 2014
    Madison county
    I don't know about you fellas but the thrill of chasing spring gobblers can't come soon enough. I posted a thread a while back pertaining to a choke tube and my shotgun. Well I ended up buying the patternmaster code black turkey choke while out in Utah and haven't gotten the chance to sling my long beard xr's through it yet. Was just wondering what anybody else thinks about the patternmaster chokes and if they truly are worth the money. Thanks

2. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Don't know anything about them

3. Randy1974

Randy1974 Spike

Apr 12, 2016
    I have one bought few years ago had in 2 different guns choke tube is great the best I've used mine works with all shells shoots the cheap shells just like the expensive ones. If you call patternmaster tell them what gun you shoot they will tell you what shell works the best but all guns are different

4. Randy1974

Randy1974 Spike

Apr 12, 2016
    The main reason I went with patternmaster they guaranteed me if I was not happy with it i could send it back and they would send me another

Huntertyler likes this.
  5. Thumper23

Thumper23 Spike

Jul 28, 2014
    Graves County
    Something to be said about a company who stands behind their product. Never used one, but heard good things bout em.

Gooch likes this.
  6. childersb24

childersb24 6 pointer

Mar 25, 2010
    Never used patternmaster. I have a hevi 13 choke tube and shoot the regular black Winchester shells. 3.5in number 5's. I feel comfortable out to 50 with them

Huntertyler likes this.
  7. SX3

SX3 Fawn

Mar 28, 2015
    I get great patterns using that tube in my SX3 and Winchester long beards #6 3"

8. Huntertyler

Huntertyler Spike

Nov 3, 2014
    Madison county
    I finally ended up shooting the combo. My pattern was hitting low and left. Changed out my shims and now it's just hitting left. I'm torn between leaving my stock sights or putting on an aftermarket one. But let me tell ya. It throws one mean pattern. The 3 1/2's kick the same as a 3 inch out of my tc encore.