New Wildlife Commissioner

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by INKYHUNTER, Jan 18, 2019.

1. INKYHUNTER

INKYHUNTER Cyber-Hunter

Dec 10, 2001
    Bowling Green, KY, USA.
    Looks like inside man Mr. Storm, what do you think?

2. KYH5N1

KYH5N1 10 pointer

My understanding is that it was a "rigged" appointment and several statutes were violated in the process.

3. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 8 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    Had a big article on hey KY ,

4. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Please elaborate if you don’t mind.

5. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Never heard of the guy but is he tied in anyway with tourist bunch ? If so I would be very worried about him giving up the fish and wildlife surplus funds. We all know they would like nothing better than to get their hands on that money.

6. KYH5N1

KYH5N1 10 pointer

The commission hires the commisioner. My understanding is that several commission positions were vacant and we're filled with hand picked applicants of Storm and the Cabinet head. These commision members then voted on applicants for Comissioner, choosing Storm from a list of much more qualified applicants.

7. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    What is this guys background?

8. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    rush, ky, USA.
    frying pan------------>fire

9. soloman_23

soloman_23 Spike

May 24, 2007
    I’m just wondering why in the heck this retired Army Colonel Abell wasn’t selected for the job.... to me he would seem like an outsider choice. It’s evident that F&W needs new management amongst there ranks.

gdb likes this.
  10. KYH5N1

KYH5N1 10 pointer

It's a ploy to take over KDFWR by the Tourism Cabinet. Heard that a substantial WMA has already been removed from public hunting area to a "Wildlife Viewing Area".

11. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Can someone please show me how the wmas were purchased and with what funds? Also the upkeep and maintenance of the property. Thanks in advance

12. KYH5N1

KYH5N1 10 pointer

WMAs not including State Parks or Corp property are purchased with KDFWR funds which are payed with sportsman's dollars. Not "general fund" tax dollars. Some contributions are also made by sportsman organizations like NWTF, RMEF, DU etc.

13. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I’d love to see the percentages broken down. I’d love to see what other money is used. I’d love to see the specifics of the sale. I’m extremely skeptical that most of the comes from hunting licenses

14. KYH5N1

KYH5N1 10 pointer

Hunting/fishing license, boat registration, matching PR Act funds, donations, etc. NOT general fund monies! Sportsmen of KY pay their own way! KDFWR has recently begun a wildlife/conservation organization which I believe is going to end up opening Pandora's Box and KDFWR pocketbook but that's for a different discussion.