New to site, not new to forums

Discussion in 'Welcome to KentuckyHunting.net!' started by hickslawns, Dec 5, 2018 at 10:03 PM.

1. hickslawns

hickslawns Fawn

Dec 2, 2018
    Ohio
    New here. Been on www.theohiooutdoors.com and another Ohio site for years. Considering expanding my hunting range to Kentucky. Ironic. My cousin comes to Ohio to hunt every year. I want to go to KY. Dad grew up in SE KY. Decently familiar with these areas. Generally head there once a year to visit.

Considering hitting some public ground in the next couple years around Lake Cumberland area. Thinking about settling there in my "retirement" years (not that I'll ever fully retire.) Figured hitting the public land in this area and doing some exploring is a good idea before we put some money down on a piece of land. Sort of looking at Pulaski County for now. Name is Phil. Hello all.

2. JR PORTER

JR PORTER 8 pointer

May 1, 2014
    KNOTT CO. KY
    Hello Phil, and welcome to Kentucky! I used to hunt in SE Ohio a few years back (probably 20) in Gallia Co near Rio Grande. Never failed to bring home some meat! Took a couple good bucks (missed 1 really good one) and a bunch of does. Back then the does were bigger than what I was accustomed to taking here in Ky and probably still are. Lots of good deer in Ohio, great state to hunt in. I used to meet an uncle of mine who lived in Loraine and we hunted a farm owned by a friend of the family that was originally from E. Ky. He owned about 60 acres next to Meade Paper Co land that was open to the public and it was a great place to hunt . I miss those days as they are both gone on now. Good luck hunting in Ky.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 8:56 AM
    hickslawns likes this.
  3. hickslawns

hickslawns Fawn

Dec 2, 2018
    Ohio
    Knott Co? That is where a large portion of my family lives. Thank you for the welcome.

JR PORTER likes this.