New camping idea/tents/boat

Discussion in 'Camping' started by EC, Apr 21, 2017.

1. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Every spring I start thinking about getting a new tent. Mine is over 25 years old, light and I can put it up quickly. I never get a new one--this one is still fine--but I just only "think about it". But gone are the days I can sleep on the ground without some type of cushion. My old inflatable mattress, which I've never replaced (I just wad up a bunch of blankets), has never been the same since the girls were much younger and used to jump on it (despite the hours of admonishment). It has a small leak which I've never been able to find. Thus, I don't even bother with it. In fact, my wife probably threw it away already.

But I ran upon this...thought it was really neat. And solved the question of fishing and camping--all in one fell swoop. Plus it doesn't look like sleeping on rocks would be an issue! haha I have no idea where to even find a dealer, but bit pricey, I'm interested.

2. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Found a dealer in Canada...a full rig is nearly 30k! Screw that! I'll stick with the rocks and bank fishing.

3. bondhu

bondhu 6 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    Yea for that price the Oversized Tent Cots are still the best thing to come out for camping in a long time. Used them from here to Homer, AK back in 2013.

4. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    J-Town
  5. richief

richief 10 pointer

Jun 20, 2012
    down a holler SE KY
    Look into hammock camping, they have come a long way. All kinds of adjustments, bug nets, insulated or insulated pads, etc. really good stuff nowadays.

6. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    Been thinking of doing that...since my daughters are pretty much all grown up. And I get this "meh" look from my wife when I suggest we go camping. I'll be going it alone. LOL

7. RVtech24

RVtech24 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2007
    The Deep Woods
    Get a Hammock and a Kayak and you will have more fun than the law allows.