Need some help for doves - for my son

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by wprebeck, Aug 4, 2017.

1. wprebeck

wprebeck 10 pointer

Jun 7, 2004
    Louisville, KY.
    Ok, posted this here, figured it would get more traffic -

Seems KDFWR changed their policy for the youth dove hunt. Me and my sons have participated in the annual youth hunt for the last six years. He's getting older, and only has a couple left, so this is a big deal for us.

The new policy is an electronic draw, lile all the other quota hunts, instead of first come - first serve, as in every other year. This means there's a good chance we won't get drawn, and this, won't get to participate in what have been some of the best times we've had in the field.

So, I'm willing to pay for the privilege of killing birds, so to ensure we have a decent hunt. I've hunted several public fields on opening day, and that just doesn't appeal to me...80+ shooters on 10 acres is a bit much. If anyone knows of a good shoot around, even if it costs money, I'd love to know about it. Appreciate the help.

2. SmokeShow

SmokeShow 8 pointer

Nov 11, 2013
    Can I x2 this? I miss dove hunting something fierce but don't even know of any that I could pay for. I've visited the public fields and if there's birds flying decent, it'll be packed to the point of being dangerous.