NASHDA Event was awesome. Any Shed club interest?

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by PrideofMonterey Ky, Jan 29, 2017.

1. PrideofMonterey Ky

PrideofMonterey Ky Fawn

Oct 25, 2011
    IMG_5321.JPG Took my lab Fletcher to a North American Shed Hunting Dog Associaion event this past Saturday. It was a qualifier for the world championship in April. It was our first time, we learned a lot but ended up pulling it off!! We qualified with a time of 11.09. Basically they hide 6 antlers in an area and your dog has to find them in 15 minutes or less. Couldn't be happier! Now if the bucks on my farm will let go of their head gear, then maybe we can get on some fresh ones.
    Posting once again to see if there is any interest in starting a club? I plan on doing this very soon, as I believe the other state clubs would travel to events here. There were 27 dogs at Saturday's event. Some from as far as Arkansas.

2. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers Spike

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville

My dog Packer can do that! He finds em like crazy in the backyard but in the woods he won't pick them up. I think doing it this way he would be on fire. I am going to time him today and see what he does. Does each dog get a separate area?

3. PrideofMonterey Ky

PrideofMonterey Ky Fawn

Oct 25, 2011
    http://www.sheddogtrainer.com/
    Check out this link pretty much all the info you should need. But no dogs compete on same course.

4. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers Spike

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    Thanks I got a hold of the Indiana club and will sign him up for their next test. Also bought some of the wax scent which I have not been using.

5. PrideofMonterey Ky

PrideofMonterey Ky Fawn

Oct 25, 2011
    Good deal!! We will see you there. Maybe we can discuss starting our own club at the event.