My Dream Scope

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by Carl, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Underground Bunker in KY
    If I can ever afford it, which I never will, this will be my next scope. I have heard a lot of good about this scope and it is much lower priced than a Leopold.. If it can stand up to a magnum spring air rifle it could easily take on a 458 magnum. Watch the test and you will see what I mean, Clear glass, I like that. Side parallax adjustment, accurate readings. Turn until it focus clear, read the dial and it tells you the yards.

https://airgunopticsplus.com/collec...cope-for-airgun-air-rifle-scope-camera-adapte

hatsan125sniper and davers like this.
  2. aaronc

aaronc 8 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    Any line of scopes that has been proven performers on magnum springer's should be able to take on all powder burners. Mag Springers are legendary scope eaters.

mwezell, Carl and hunt like this.
  3. hunt

hunt 6 pointer

Sep 29, 2015
    The Berg
    I'd like to try one out on my varmint gun,currently have a 3-9x50 Burris,and it's really clear,but needs more power on longer shots.

Carl likes this.
  4. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    Do they make other scopes?

5. Great scope That's the next one I'm getting for my airgun . For around 250.00 for a ffp scope with a great reticle It can't be beat .

6. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Underground Bunker in KY
    Yes, the worst scope eater I have owned is an RWS 54 Air King. The shooter feels no recoil but the scope takes a beating.
    https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Diana_54_Air_King/398

7. If you have a mag springer The rws bullseye mount is a must if you want to keep your scope working as it should . I have it on my mag springer and its been working great with my non airgun rated scope . They are a little tricky to get mounted correctly but when you get it right free of any binding they work great .

aaronc likes this.
  8. aaronc

aaronc 8 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield

Yep,...I am on the "gatewatoairguns" forum. I spend a lot of time in there German Gate. Those mounts are proven performers and I'll be getting one sometime in the near future. I've got a vortex diamondback or crossfire to put on my Diana 48. I've had it a couple years plinking in the yard breaking it in a bit. I haven't got into the tuning yet but do plan to down the road. I've also just got the Model 52 back around Christmas while they were on sale at Air Guns of Arizona. Both are in .22 They are my only magnums at the moment. I love the 48/52 platform. Built like tanks. Here is some open site work from this afternoon. Nothing impressive,..about 18 yards but high up in a thick bradford pear tree. It ain't no problem for these rifles.

Attached Files:

9. aaronc

aaronc 8 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    Yep,...haven't owned a 54 yet but it is on my to get list. I read very good things about them. I am into the side-cock style of air rifles,..they're my favorites.

Carl likes this.
  10. Carl

Carl 12 pointer

Dec 1, 2003
    Underground Bunker in KY
    I had a 52. They are good shooters.

aaronc likes this.
    aaronc likes this.
  12. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 8 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    Carl likes this.
  13. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    You know at first I thought this whole air gun thing was just a joke or Hatsan was just a troll. But y’all are ligit in to it. And tbh with y’all I’m really learning a lot. I’ll personally never pay that much for an air gun or a scope for one, but that’s just my preference. But I will read the information y’all post about it so keep it up y’all. It’s great to learn new things about the sport we all love