moving to Kentucky

Discussion in 'Welcome to KentuckyHunting.net!' started by InertiaDriven71, Oct 1, 2017.

1. InertiaDriven71

InertiaDriven71 Fawn

Oct 1, 2017
    gone
    Hello all. I am a new member. I joined today because I just got back from a job interview, and it looks like they will make an offer next week. I currently live in SE Arkansas, but grew up in Union City, TN (wife from Dresden, TN). I will have the Midwestern states as my territory, however they told me I can live in Western KY in order to be closer to aging parents.

I will probably be posting other questions on here soon... however, we are discussing whether to move to Owensboro or Murray.

Owensboro shaves 2 hours off driving to my territory, plus it is 1.5 hours to the Louisville airport. However it adds 2 hours of driving to our parents compared to Murray.

Murray is closer to family and Kentucky Lake (12-year old likes fishing), but way out of the way of my territory and 2 hours from Nashville Airport. Murray is also closer to already-established duck hunting spots and deer hunting spots as well.

Anyone have any comments on Murray vs Owensboro?

thanks in advance

2. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I'd think you are pretty well acquainted. I'd choose based on what will be most convenenient. Welcome to Ky regardless.

3. RackedUP

RackedUP 8 pointer

Oct 30, 2013
  4. turkeymanmike

turkeymanmike Fawn

Oct 27, 2017
    vine grove
    if your a waterfowler I'd go with Murray. kentucky lake holds some good divers. If your not into ducks then Owensboro is a nice town too. welcome.

5. InertiaDriven71

InertiaDriven71 Fawn

Oct 1, 2017
    gone
    We love waterfowling too! I hunted West TN growing up, and Springville bottoms while in college (1994-2004). We now hunt in Arkansas, but I have never been one to turn down a good diver shoot. Thank you!
    jake dogs ducks 2015.jpg

turkeymanmike likes this.
  6. turkeymanmike

turkeymanmike Fawn

Oct 27, 2017
    vine grove
    6 of us are going to Pocahontas AR black Friday for a 3 day duck hunt. hope it turns out good. I'll keep ya in mind when it's time to bust some divers.

7. InertiaDriven71

InertiaDriven71 Fawn

Oct 1, 2017
    gone
    thank you! We are not moving to KY until summer, but hope to be ready for the '18-19 season

turkeymanmike likes this.
  8. Swampy207

Swampy207 6 pointer

Sep 30, 2014
    Welcome! I don't know what you prefer, but a good middle ground is Hopkins county. Madisonville is right on the I-69-weastern Ky pkwy- pennyryle pkwy interchange. About 35 min west of Owensboro, and about an hour to Ky lake. Just a thought!

9. InertiaDriven71

InertiaDriven71 Fawn

Oct 1, 2017
    gone
    We looked at Madisonville.. Murray puts us closer to my in-laws' 90-acre place for trap shooting and deer/turkey hunting. Leaning heavily towards Murray still