Missing house parts and pieces.

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by 1wildcatfan, Sep 13, 2018.

1. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    if anyone sees pieces of my townhouse, from Surf City, NC on Topsail Island, blowing around Ky, feel free to throw em in a dumpster. no need to return. :) that place is taking a beating from Florence. i'm 400 hundred miles away in maryland and we're getting SE humid winds already.

2. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    California ky
    No security cam footage? Hope you dont have an end unit.

3. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    end unit exposed to the south. second row off the beach. i've said since the last hurricane, i'm only one really good hurricane away from the beachfront property the wife wanted to start with.

4. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    California ky
    So there you go. You might end up with a stand alone structure and beach front when this is all over with. Any crazy local neighbors say they were going to stick it out?

5. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Hate to hear that. Just hope lives aren’t lost.

6. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    i hope it's either unscathed or only the stilts left standing. don't know about any neighbors but all my inlaws are 20 miles inland and they are hunkered down to ride it out. depending on speed, it could dump up to 40" of rain. my BIL's have been picking corn round the clock since last Thursday. All the farmers pull together and help each other get their crops in. They also raise hogs (Duplin county is supposedly the largest hog producing county in the country) and chickens and they've been trying to get 10's of thousands of them loaded up and shipped out before the floods hit. Hundreds of hog lagoons (shit) will be flooded and will turn into an environmental mess. my wife has been begging her mom to come stay with us but she's afraid she couldn't get back home. Wifes great niece has a 12 day old baby, won't leave.

7:30- just spoke to my MIL. she said around 2 AM is when their world starts getting turned upside down. windy and rainy now.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    Wampuscat likes this.
  7. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    We’ll keep em in our prayers. I’ve not paid much attention, my wife got an aunt lives just outside of Charleston. How bad is it supposed to get in that area?

1wildcatfan likes this.
  8. dirtstalker

dirtstalker 8 pointer

Nov 20, 2009
    Clay County
    Hope all is well with your family. I was supposes to fly out of charlotte airport tomorrow morning..companys travel agent called me tuesday and said 'hey..we need to switch your flight around and get you away from charlotte.' So i flew out of philly today.

They are thinking its going to be one hell of a storm

xbokilla and 1wildcatfan like this.
  9. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    thank you so much, means a lot.
    not going to be as bad in Charleston, but i'm sure it will be a wild ride. if you catch the weather channel, my place is 20 miles north of Wilmington with the bullseye on it.

10. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    My wife’s got an uncle that has several properties in Naples and my inlaws have a place in North Port (South Sarasota). We’ve survived a few south Florida scares and I’m sure there will be more to come.

11. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    thanks. i've been in Richmond all week. motels are full. NC people coming up and Virginia Bch people coming west to escape the surge.

12. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    California ky
    Are you going out soon after to access and clean up?

13. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    some time next week if possible. have a property manager there and she'll let us know what the status is as soon as she can get back on the island.

14. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    I talked to my BIL earlier, he lives on Mantio, came across the bridge to stay with a few friends that are having a Hurricane Party (They do this every time), he said today, the hurricane was sucking the water out of the sound.........They all started getting a lil nervous when the saw that.

15. Munson

Munson 8 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    Sucking the water out of the sound"? Care to elaborate for a dumb hillbilly lol