M1500 Howa

Discussion in 'Modern Firearms' started by turkey, Nov 11, 2009.

1. turkey

turkey 10 pointer

Sep 16, 2008
    Know any pro's or cons on this model?

2. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    Good shooting rifles. Basically the same as a Weatherby Vanguard. The only drawback from it is the trigger. IT SUCKS!!! If I was going to buy one I would spend a little extra cash and get the Weatherby for the accuracy guarantee. IMO

3. turkey

turkey 10 pointer

Sep 16, 2008
    Would 389.00 with scope be a good deal?

(Nikko Stirling Nighteater 3-10x42 rings and bases)

I do not need it just have come across some in several different calibers.

4. bulldog

bulldog Fawn

Oct 29, 2009
    south eastern central,ky
    i have one in 204 ruger, weaver on it,have just put a couple of boxes of ammo though it seeme to be a good gun for the money,mine came with an adjustable trigger,that will go down to a little under 3lb pull with just a little creep(dont like that)

5. capnball45

capnball45 6 pointer

Jun 13, 2009
    Lexington KY
    I have owned 1, 1500 lightning in 30-06 it shot the daylights out of most other rifles I have owned. I sold it for a generous offer and have regretted it since. The bolt should be smooth, the fit and finish great, it should give you years of service. I believe the Howa M1500 to be the best rifle for the money on the market.

6. Like mentioned previously, for the most part, they are accurate shooting rifles. The trigger is probably my least favorite thing on the rifle, but can be improved with minor adjustments. I would say for the rifle and scope for that price you probably won't find a much better deal on a new rifle. What caliber are you looking the hardest at?

7. pedigo

pedigo 6 pointer

Aug 20, 2002
    munfordville, ky, USA.
    Own one in 7mm mag for over 15 years and is a great rifle. You can adjust the trigger but make sure you check the safety to see if moving it releases the trigger. I forgot this and had an accidental discharge. There may be a littlr creep but not so much you will care. The Howa is basically the same as the vanguard as howa make them both and also some barrells for weatherby.