Knife sheath

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by mike goodlett, Sep 27, 2018.

1. mike goodlett

mike goodlett 6 pointer

Aug 28, 2009
    Mount Sterling ky.
    I have a knife that means the world to me. I would like a nice sheath maded for it. I know what the knife is worth means nothing to me. Is there anyone who works leather to make a custom sheath. Pm me please it means the world to me.

Me

2. luvtohunt

luvtohunt 8 pointer

Sep 1, 2011
    Eubank, Ky
    Rockin S Leather in Somerset produces some nice stuff I’ve seen. Does holsters and slings out of leather but not sure about sheaths. May be able to look him up and call to ask.

3. mike goodlett

mike goodlett 6 pointer

Aug 28, 2009
    Mount Sterling ky.
    Thanks for the information. It was my dad's knife really to big for deer. But that was what you got back then lol. I can't put it in my hands without feeling a little sad it brings back memories. I would like to carry it deer hunting just because.Not that I would use it more because of who's it was. Long story behind this knife and it starts with my grandfather.

4. mike goodlett

mike goodlett 6 pointer

Aug 28, 2009
    Mount Sterling ky.
    My grandfather paid five dollars for it at a yard sale lol. So you know its worth. I wouldn't take $500 for it. I will check them out thanks.

5. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 10 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Something to thank about ,if you would like to try to add character to it,make one yourself,hobby lobby or ,tandy leather ,use to sale kits you put together pretty easy.Can find instructions on internet

6. Chilly

Chilly 10 pointer

There is a good leather worker here in Bardstown.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  7. Larry Risner

Larry Risner 6 pointer

Mar 15, 2018
    Berea, kentucky
    Knew a couple of brothers up around Falmount that did a couple custom sheaths for me awhile back. Used to go shooting with them back in my 3gun days up in Maysville. I will try to find my contact info.

8. jsc3150

jsc3150 8 pointer

Sep 20, 2004
    Lexington
    Hey Mikey,
    Like Dark Cloud said, get a kit and make one yourself. It will make it more special for you.

Dark Cloud and DARKCLOUD like this.
  9. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    J-Town
    Check out Stolberg Steel. He's got a FB page. He redid the leather handle of an old military knife I have and made a sheath for it. I'm going back to him for a leather holster when I get back home. We work together at his other job and I'll vouch for him doing good work and being honorable. Just an all-around great guy.

10. Do you mean Falmouth? If so, what were their names?

11. Larry Risner

Larry Risner 6 pointer

Mar 15, 2018
    Berea, kentucky
    Yea my spelling sucks. I have looked all over for my contact info and can't find it. I don't remember their names however, I do remember that the youngest worked for a beer company and the older brother was a big time outdoors man, he also ran a forge and made knifes and stuff. One of them went by the handle of Son of Liberty.

12. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Well back in the day when my pops was younger I’d say he’d been glad to do it. Can you send a pic of the knife? I posted some pics of some of his handiwork at Boonesboros Frontier Days back over Memorial Day Weekend on here somewhere.