Kentucky Ridge/Corrigan WMA (Knox County)

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Rhyno Footer, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Rhyno Footer

Rhyno Footer Spike

Feb 26, 2013
    'Merica
    Just wondering if anyone has been to either of these WMAs or hunted close to them. A member (non hunter) in my family purchased some land here and I'd like to check it out. I currently hunt NE KY but it would be nice to have different options.

2. CarpetBagger

CarpetBagger Fawn

Apr 26, 2017
    Lexington, KY
    I spent a day scouting/hiking in Fortner Davis/Kentucky Ridge State Forest (all in that area). I may have made it to Corrigan, but not deep. I pushed a lot of deer, jumped a turkey while walking a dirt road, while taking a five minute rest atop a hill a hen walked by at about 15 yards. Also saw what appeared to be bobcat tracks, in addition to deer and turkey tracks. I got to talking to some men working on the main road through the wma, and they had spotted a bear print. Terrain was steep with thick cover. Some areas were big woods. They're in there.

3. Rhyno Footer

Rhyno Footer Spike

Feb 26, 2013
    'Merica
    I appreciate the feedback and good information. Hopefully I'll get down there soon and check it out for myself. I'm thinking the terrain will deter some people from going in and I'm a big fan of less pressure.