Kentucky Coyote Competition to Honor Forum Member

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by Buck_Nasty, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Buck_Nasty

Buck_Nasty 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2009
    Laurel County
    I think it's been several years since I've logged in or posted on this forum. The reason for me logging in now it to post up information relating to an upcoming Coyote Hunt Competition set to take place in January 2019. This hunt will be held in memory of forum member BG33, who some of you old timers here know, was shot and killed while turkey hunting on April 17, 2014.

This is a daytime hunt for in state and out of state hunters and is for COYOTE ONLY. This will be a 90% payout hunt, with 10% of the proceeds going to the high school archery team where Brian and I graduated from. I have set it up so that non local hunters can pay the registration fee via Paypal. The email address for that is southeastcoyoteclassic@gmail.com. If using Paypal, please add 3% to cover the Paypal fees. Also list SECC Hunt and the two hunters names on the team in the notes section.

There is also an official web page for the hunt at www.southeastcoyoteclassic.com that has all the rules and regulations for the hunt. Another area is a Facebook page with an address of
    https://www.facebook.com/Southeast-Coyote-Classic-1824111560932924/

It will have updated information about the hunt added to it when it comes available. This place has somewhat changed since the last time I logged on, and in the past, I know the posting of "other" groups or websites was frowned upon if I remember correctly. Having said that, if any of the links I posted above are not allowed, I apologize.

Anyway, this will be a good hunt for a fine man taken from us way too soon. If you think you would like to take part in it. You can contact me at southeastcoyoteclassic@gmail.com or I will check back on this thread from time-to-time and try to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks for your time.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  2. Semp

Semp 10 pointer

Feb 4, 2008
    Kaintukee
    In your post, you misspelled Brian's last name. Should be "Griffin"

3. Buck_Nasty

Buck_Nasty 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2009
    Laurel County

Thanks for the heads up. I hadn’t even noticed that on the flier.

4. Sounds like fun. Where will the check station be located on Sunday? For those of us not close to Clay Co, do we have to check in on Friday or only show up with our kills on Sunday afternoon? At some point, please define "Daylight Hours". It should be obvious and match up to Fish & Game definition, but there are always some yahoo who needs it spelled out. One question/request. Why limit the hunters to only centerfire rifles or shotguns? I have a few 223 and other which will work, but my favorite coyote gun is a 17WSM. It is a rimfire, shooting a 25g bullet at about 2700 fps. It is very effective on them. Please consider allowing rimfire magnums. After all, does it really matter what we shot it with? as long as it was not a heat-seaking missile.

Irish

5. Buck_Nasty

Buck_Nasty 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2009
    Laurel County
    There will only be 1 check in, which will be on Sunday, January 27th at the Clay County Industrial Park. There is no address for the place that I know of. I'm gonna get the GPS coordinates for it and post those as well. It just an old strip job located off the Hal Roger's Parkway. The entrance is about 6 or 7 miles out of Manchester towards Leslie County. There will be a sign at the turn in for it. However, when you come through Manchester, it the next turn off. But again, a sign will be placed next to the parkway showing the turn off.

Shooting hours are 30 mins before sunrise and 30 mins after sunset. I would hope people know that, but I will add that information as the hunt gets closer.

As to the rules on centerfire rifles only. That's all that will be allowed to be used. Will not be allowing rimfires. Can't give you a reason for that, only that is what we wanted people to use.

If you have anymore questions or need to know anything else like rules or anything, you can check out all the rules at www.southeastcoyoteclassic.com. Also would be wise to join the Southeast Coyote Classic Facebook page as that is where the hunt code will be posted that every hunter will be required to use for the hunt.....thanks for your interest.

6. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.

was the shooter every found?

7. Buck_Nasty

Buck_Nasty 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2009
    Laurel County
    Sent you a message, started conversation or however you do it...lol. Couldn't find a PM option. Do not know if conversation has taken it's place or what.