John Deere 1010

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by OLE RASPY, Jun 29, 2019.

1. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 8 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    I’m selling my John Deere 1010.1961 I believe. Just the tractor unless more money for bushhog. This tractor be perfect for somebody that knows about them. I’m tired of working on it. It sits a lot cause I only bushhog once a year and when it comes to crank it I have to work on it all time from one year to the next. Maybe I’m missing something. I’m no tractor mechanic but this tractor is pretty basic. I got it cranked today but it took awhile adjusting carb. It’s got a new motor and basically everything is new on front. New block new head new radiator rebuilt generator and starter. Just went thru everything. Just tired of working on it. I’ll keep it if somebody knows anything about it and will come here and see what’s wrong with it. Not running right. I’ve owned it going on 4 years. It’s a good tractor while it’s running. Lol. Asking $3000 for tractor. Got $7000 in it. Message me on here if interested. Thanks.
    D7BA962B-D828-4EC5-9462-EAFD5FBAD09E.jpeg 2821208A-4995-4808-85EA-36FB2A85B52D.jpeg

2. bigbonner

bigbonner 10 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    I have a 1010 hi crop with cultivators. It will ware you out driving it with no power steering.
    Does yours have power steering?

3. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 8 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    Naw it don’t.

4. Genesis 27:3

Genesis 27:3 8 pointer

Oct 13, 2018
    Christain county
    Not a bad looking tractor.seems like a good deal.thanks for being honest.good luck on selling it.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    OLE RASPY likes this.
  5. bigbonner

bigbonner 10 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    They are good tractors and needs to be run often to keep them going.
    I think mine is 36 or 38 HP but runs a bush hog very well . Mine does not have live power but you can buy a adapter so that when you stop the bush hog won't keep pushing the tractor. Mine has spin out wheels and made for row crops. I need to pull my old girl out and get her going .
    Your tractor is well worth the money you are asking and it looks to be in great shape.

OLE RASPY and Genesis 27:3 like this.
  6. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 8 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    Oh yea it’s a good tractor. It bushhoggs great. I think it’s 36 horsepower. But I just can’t get something right on carberator. The govener linkage and every thing in sync evidently. I got a shop manual and done everything that shop manual has said. I’m just tired of fooling with it. It was fun at first but it’s no longer fun no more. Lol.

bgkyarcher likes this.
  7. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 8 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    Anybody got any suggestions to sell this tractor. I know this is hunting website but figure I’d try here cause I’m sure there’s some on here that like these kind tractors. I just don’t. Lol. What other sites is out there. I’ve put it on Craigslist. I don’t do Facebook. Thanks

8. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 8 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
  9. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 8 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    Update.
    Dude came looked at it and it started right up. Shore let me down cause I said in my description it was hard to start. Lol. Dude liked and said it’s well worth the money but he couldn’t afford it. Should have known that before he left the house. Lol.

10. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Why would he come and look if he couldn’t afford, might have been looking around, don’t drop your guard

bigbonner and OLE RASPY like this.
  11. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    1. He probably hoped he could find a few things wrong with it to get the price down. And realized offering what he could afford would be an insult. (Funny cause how many decent running john deere tractors can be has for 3k?)
    2. He saw something he did not like and was just saying something polite to end the transaction rather than starting an awkward conversation.
    3. Tractor will go missing in a few weeks.

12. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
  13. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    It won't start an no one will steal it

14. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 8 pointer

Sep 9, 2018