It's definitely NOT the breed right?

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by EdLongshanks, Dec 25, 2017.

1. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
  2. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    I saw that. There was a 22 year old woman in Virginia killed by her 2 an a 7 year old boy in Mass. Also killed by 2 pitbulls

KYote-Krusher likes this.
  3. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
  4. KYote-Krusher

KYote-Krusher 10 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    South Central Kentucky

Maybe .... but I'd just as soon not have to worry about whether I was raising my sweet little puppy in the "proper" manner because if I didn't, it might decide to tear me or my family limb from limb and eat us. :(

EdLongshanks likes this.
  5. forager

forager 8 pointer

Mar 5, 2017
    planet earth
    My thoughts go out to all those who are affected. This horrible incident could not come at a worse time of year.

As for pit bulls: punish the deed, not the breed.

I have worked with a number of pit bulls over the years that were friendly, non aggressive, and behaved like any other well socialized, trained dog.

More needs to be revealed about how these particular dogs were raised and treated.

Here are several stories of pit bulls that serve our community and its members:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/meet-the-first-official-pit-bull-police-dog-in-the-state-of-new-york/

http://www.independenttribune.com/n...cle_8fcf5208-d456-11e7-ba79-5fd967d42cf6.html

cburton and Capttrae like this.
  6. baknblack

baknblack 8 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Mt Washington
    All it takes is one bad dog then even a good one jumps in with the pack mentality and something bad happens. Hunting and killing is bred into the pit bulls. And once they start they won't quit. I've seen this behavior in other dog breeds as well. Pits are extremely strong and determined.
    I've been around several that were very good dogs. But, I sure as hell wouldn't want a pack of them running loose around here. I'm a dog lover but, more than likely would stop em from running around.
    People that own them should keep them under control and trained not to attack unless commanded to. That to me should make the owners subject to criminal charges that fit the crime.

forager likes this.
  7. forager

forager 8 pointer

Mar 5, 2017
    planet earth
    Personal responsibility. This is the same for any dog owner, or parent for that matter!

cburton likes this.
  8. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 10 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I hate em too,don’t want none on my property period

JR in KY likes this.
  9. mudhole crossing

mudhole crossing 12 pointer

Aug 20, 2007
    East ky
    Imo that's a breed that doesn't need to exist on earth anymore

EdLongshanks likes this.
  10. ddwhitetails

ddwhitetails 10 pointer

Jul 6, 2014
    The Pitt Bull breed has by far been responsible for the most human deaths by dog! The breed is aggressive and should be eliminated. I'm not saying kill the dogs that are alive now, but they should no longer b e allowed to b reed them!! Period!!

11. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    here we go again. While we are debating pit bulls let's debate legalizing pot, crossbows all season, water swatting, etc etc etc. all has the same results

drakeshooter, cburton and xbokilla like this.
  12. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    Who the hell would want one of them dogs. with all the choices out there for a pet give me one good reason to pick that one instead of a lesser aggressive animal.
    people just need to look cool i guess.

EdLongshanks likes this.
  13. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    All you need to be cool is a wife beater shirt, pants around your knees and a pit bull! It's not just the dog that needs exterminated.
    How many innocent people have to die before something is done about them?
    I know they are not all bad, but how can you tell?
    I guess some people are just slow learners.

JR in KY likes this.
  14. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    The problem with Pits is when they go nuts and turn on you, unless you happen to be holding a firearm, you are toast. If my terrier mix ever turned on me, I'll get bit and she''s get kicked into the nearest wall and run off. Pit Bulls can, and often do, have a switch that once tripped, it is violent and nasty beyond most all other breeds. I don't care how "loving" and friendly a Pit seems, they all can have a dark side. Hundreds of years of breeding is still there. I will never own a dog I can't whip in a one on one fight.