In local politics...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by xbokilla, Feb 27, 2019.

1. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    ...there are likely to be some protests in regards to HB 525 at the capital tomorrow. I don’t know the ins or outs except for basically it supposed to restructure the TRS Board of Trustees without TRS actually having a voice in the matter. I’m not the most political person and just sharing the basic knowledge I have. Our district is still having school, I’d be working regardless. Ready- Set - Go

ojibwa62 likes this.
  2. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N.O.T.W
    Wait there is local politics that actually matter to most of us?

3. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Just curious as to how and why this is being protested? Because the kea (the non-union right?) would lose its control of the board? The board they’ve dominated for 70 years and overseen this disaster? They called in “sick” for this? Yeah teachers seem to only care about educating kids alright :rolleyes: The teachers are clearly honest brokers here....oh wait.

EC, Feedman, Ataulbe1 and 3 others like this.
  4. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    This bill was designed to allow a greater number of teachers (that aren’t members of the KEA non-union:rolleyes:) a voice in the discussion. The kea has become a democrat/communist money laundering organization. Nothing more. Thanks for bankrupting the state KEA

EC, Feedman, Ataulbe1 and 2 others like this.
  5. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N.O.T.W
    I for one am sick and tired of teachers extorting the tax payer for more money " it's all about the kids" riiiiight..
    As a whole teachers are payed better then most plus all the benefits and they only work a portion of the year everyone else works. The teacher pay should be based off performance not entitlement. If your students suck you get paid less then a teacher who's students are excelling.. Go back to work or you should be fired.... We should all home school our kids anyway, maybe there would be far less liberal indoctrination.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  6. Amen on homeschooling. Brick and mortar public schools are a dinosaur who’s time has passed.

7. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    N.O.T.W
    The one child we didn't homeschool (my oldest stepson) is walking talking stereotype of liberal indoctrination, I can't even talk to him he is so irrational..

drakeshooter likes this.
  8. Bubbles

Bubbles 6 pointer

Oct 25, 2016
    You are more right than you know.

For an example, Grouseguy is a Director at KEA. What's that say about indoctrination?

9. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Pretty much says he is a heck of a lot smarter than you.

10. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    I defense of teachers, in todays world you better have the stomach to endure never ending abuse. They get abuse from these snotty ass kids, the snotty ass parents and in alot of cases, snotty ass co workers, not to mention the abused kids that are a continual problem as are the courts and the system itself in dealing with these problems on a daily basis. A teachers job does not end when the bell rings, they usually have 3 hours or more work ahead of them, and then there is the cost of becoming a teacher which is around 100k depending on the college they went through. This is one hell of a bill to pay when you are making around 40k a year.....Sure they get the summer off, but that is budgeted into the hourly pay, and as anyone with kids today knows, those summer vacation window has narrowed quite a bit over the last few years......if it was as easy as some would make it out to be, there would be a glut of teachers, but the opposite is occurring based on the aforementioned.

11. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 8 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    And to open another can of worms... Everyone wants to trash private schools, but 100% of the teachers there do it for the students without exception. Most of the private school teachers I know make under $20,000/yr with little to no benefits. And pensions?? HAHAHA yeah no such luck there...

EdLongshanks likes this.
  12. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    After listening the the house floor debate of sb150....it is embarrassing that our state has elected so many communist/democrat losers to the general assembly. These people are flipping morons. They make AOC look like a Rhode scholar.

13. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Didn’t the teachers call in sick again today? What are they protesting now? Why shouldn’t I be able to prevent my tax dollars from being wasted on their pathetic “education” system? Under no circumstances would I send my children to a public school. Why should I pay so much damn money for them to squander? Silly.

bondhu, EC and drakeshooter like this.
  14. The Governor should fire them today.

barney, bondhu and ojibwa62 like this.
  15. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    So do we get a refund for this??

ojibwa62 likes this.