Identifying property owner

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Basscat, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Basscat

Basscat Fawn

Dec 9, 2001
    Is there any maps or anything online that will tell who owns a certain parcel of land? I have the land on areal and topo but just need to know who owns it. Is there anything out there where you can get this?
    Thanks

2. shogan

shogan Cyber-Hunter

Aug 15, 2002
    Central, ky
    Go to the PVA office of the county where the property is located. Identify the parcel number and then they can tell you. Quick and painless.

If its to far to drive you could get PVA office to fax a map that shows all the PVA quadrants then order the correct quadrant map from Frankfort. Then call the PVA and ask for owner information of the indentified property.

WHAT COUNTY are you dealing with?

A few counties has PVA on line but it's not cheap.

3. Basscat

Basscat Fawn

Dec 9, 2001
    Ive never even heard of a pva office. Is it associateed with anything else?
    Looking in Lincoln co.

4. schuyler olt

schuyler olt 12 pointer

Dec 10, 2002
    That's the property valuation administrator. In Lincoln County the office is in the Courthouse and the phone number is 606.365.4550. The folks there will help you with looking through the records to find the owner. You probably should call first, they may be able to tell you over the phone.

5. grouseguy

grouseguy Cyber-Hunter

Look in the front of most phone books under Government Offices, the PVA will be listed under the County Offices as Property Valuation Administrator.

"If I went hunting and discovered I'd forgot my dog, I'd go back home. If I'd forgot my gun, I'd go hunting."

6. raktrakr

raktrakr Cyber-Hunter

Jan 20, 2002
    central ky
    TIP; if your going to call,try toward the middle of the week.they could be busy at the first of the week. i prefer to go there and check in person and getting names of surrounding land owners as well. also theyll show you how to look them up and next time youll be able to do it yourself with little or no assistance

raktrakr
    >>----->