Ice Maker

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by xbokilla, Mar 23, 2019.

1. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Anybody ever changed an icemaker on a side by side refrigerator? I did earlier and the change was easy enough just wondering if there is anything else I’m missing? Is it just a waiting game now? Read and watched a few You Tube vids and some say ice in 90 mins and some say up to 24 hours??? My other (when working) made ice pretty darn fast.

2. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    Yep. Make sure you turn the water back on.

Manhattan and drakeshooter like this.
  3. bowhunter269

bowhunter269 12 pointer

Nov 21, 2006
    Fisherville, KY
    just did it a month or so ago.....I think mine takes 40 minutes to cycle. Not sure if the first batch was that quick, but when you hook it back up make sure water feeds into the trays. As stated, gotta turn the water back on :) !!

4. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Water is on and I’ve gotten water from the spout on the freezer door so all should be good there. No frozen lines, etc... Haven’t noticed if any has ran into the trays yet? It usually makes a sound like water being sprayed when it runs into the trays and I haven’t heard anything yet. Been around 2 hours since I finished hooking it up.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  5. Strutter

Strutter Cyber-Hunter

Dec 9, 2001
    USA.
    That must be a nice side by side. Never seen one with a refrigerator on it. Is it a Honda or what?:p:p:rolleyes:

xbokilla and OLE RASPY like this.
  6. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Lol. Wish I could afford a side by side! Anywho, I have a few ice cubes now so I must have done something right.

7. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Could of had a little air in the line

8. Bubbles

Bubbles 8 pointer

Oct 25, 2016
    Our icemaker quit for about a year and then all of a sudden started working again. Wife couldnt believe it...sent me a pic of ice in freezer while I was at work.

9. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    When my ice maker broke, I YouTubed it, and low and behold, there was a guy fixing the same make and model. All it was was the temp sensor popped out of the housing. Apparently, it can’t sense the temp dangling. Would never have even seen it because of where it’s located without the YouTube video. Literally a 30 second fix that a “repairman” would likely have misdiagnosed, and charged me $150 plus parts.

10. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I bought it off Amazon for like $58. Was just like the one I replaced, fit the same screws, etc... The reason I replaced the other is because the water would literally just run right through it and all down into my freezer. Could have been something simple but at least I’m not out too much money. It took me a while to replace it. For a few weeks I’d just buy a bag of ice and dump it in the tray and we could still get crushed ice through the door.