I love my dogs... I really do. But...

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Lady Hunter, May 21, 2019.

1. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    Did Mozart really have to bring me a dead baby bunny just now??? As in carried it into the house & dropped on the floor next to my desk????

Not a mark on the poor little thing & it was still warm. But D-E-A-D.....

Can't even yell at him because he was just doin' what dogs do....

TripleGee and Genesis 27:3 like this.
  2. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 8 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    ky
    I can see why people like dogs but man they are nasty.

OLE RASPY likes this.
  3. Munson

Munson 10 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    Yeah it happens but nothing like damcats. Mine sees them and squirrels so much in the yard she won't even lift her head lol. Cats & coyotes however is game on! Which is fine by me, but yotes will eventually be the death of her I'd say.

4. kraynky

kraynky Fawn

Dec 28, 2014
    Elizabethtown, KY
    20190429_191044.jpg Our elderly neighbor passed away 3-4 years ago and his wife immediately left the house, never to return (moved in with a son). Their 2 cats (outdoor) were left to fend for themselves, so I put out food, and ended up with 2 porch kitties. After about 2-3 months we were able to love on them and pick them up, and they started "loving us back". Bunny heads, lizards, baby birds, frogs, moles and even a garter snake were left of our doormat at random times. I thought it was so cute that they adopted us, and showed their thanks in the only way they knew how.

The wife was not so amused. But she understood what they were doing. They were pretty old cats, and have one at a time, vanished. Our little indoor puppy doesn't have that habit, or the opportunity. However he will seek out a dead creature in the yard, or a neighbor dog's poo, and try to roll around in it. That it much more gross than a few bunny heads on the doormat.

But I'm going to keep him. I've gotta see if he grows into that head.......... ;-)

TripleGee and Lady Hunter like this.
  5. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Yeah, sometimes they revert back to their wolf DNA. Mine has an affinity for baby birds.

Yesterday I let him out to chase the geese off the pond, and yeah, he came back with a gosling. I hid that evidence quick!

xbokilla, kraynky and Lady Hunter like this.
  6. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    You take a City House Dog to the country and the first thing they do is Roll in a Pile of Green COW Crap. Or some dead rotten animal.
    Cats are natural born Hunters, but most stay impeccably clean.

TripleGee, kraynky and kyhunter99 like this.
  7. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

If there's not a mark on it I'm expecting a pic of how you turned it into supper.

Bee likes this.
  8. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    These (yes, there ended up being 3 before I locked our great hunter in the house & wouldn't let him back out this morning) wouldn't have even been a mouthful each... they were THAT tiny!! You'd get a lot more meat off a squirrel than those poor little bunnies! Now if they'd been bigger & still intact....

Bee, EdLongshanks, xbokilla and 2 others like this.
  9. Genesis 27:3

Genesis 27:3 8 pointer

Oct 13, 2018
    Christain county
    I have a blue healer that catches birds on a regular bases.she is super fast!caught a squirrel last week.

10. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    901501C6-0AE6-4CD4-931E-7D99C91DDBFC.jpeg Add another gosling to the total for our viscious Labrador killer. One thought it was a good idea to walk under the fence tonight and head toward the bird feeder. Not so much.

Capttrae likes this.
  11. wv67

wv67 10 pointer

Dec 19, 2017
    Southern wva
    My little Yorkie will dig for hours to catch a mole or mouse and always brings it on the porch ,I just laugh and give her Pat on the head and a treat tickles me to watch her

12. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I think all dogs do that....and I have no idea why.

13. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    It is a great honor in the "dog world" for a dog to bring you a "gift". Mine brought me a live snake once. Our cat used to bring me live mice to play with also.

14. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    I know... BUT.....

15. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    My wife's little dogs always show their appreciation to me by the presents they leave me on the carpet in the den. Little bastards...

Capttrae likes this.