Hunting Buddy ??

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Landguy, May 3, 2003.

1. How many of you have one of these?

http://www.hvoutdoors.com/huntnbud.html

2. Hammer

Hammer 12 pointer

Sep 2, 2002
    Bowling Green, Ky.
    would be a waste of time imho. Deer smelling me has busted me far more times than a deer seeing me. I don't know that I have ever scared a deer from stand.

3. GSP

GSP 14 Pointer Staff Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Montrose
    Goes to show, people will buy anything.

4. Boss Gobbler

Boss Gobbler 8 pointer

Dec 15, 2001
    boone co. KY.
    Thats the best kind. You dont have to wake him up and he will never shoot your deer.[:D]

5. P. Beyer

P. Beyer 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Ballard Co
    [:)] I read about this once, A guy said he put "scarecrows" in his stands to accustom the deer to the "figure" in the tree[?] Whatever makes your tractor run I reckon'. I don't imagine I'd use one though.

"It makes no difference whether I got anything; it has to do with how the day was spent"

Fred Bear

6. deadaim

deadaim 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Booger Hollar
    it may keep tresspassers away from your stand !

7. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    This is the first time I've seen one, if you think about it it's not such a bad idea.

Years ago while bowhunting from one of my ladder stands I had gotten busted by a good buck. Without thinking about it I hunted the same stand the very next morning and that same buck came by but this time he was on another trail out of range of my bow, he was looking right at me because he remembered. Early the next morning I tied a red shirt on the ladder stand and took my climber to the other trail. That buck came back looking at my ladder stand and came within 20 yards of me not having any idea I was there. Sometimes off the wall tactics do work.