How the heck

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Wildcat, Jul 11, 2018 at 8:00 PM.

1. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
  2. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I work with teenage computer geek geniuses that can “hack” most anything. I’m sure it’s possible. These booger pickers can’t hold a normal conversation but when it comes to technology they can do most anything.

EdLongshanks likes this.
  3. KYote-Krusher

KYote-Krusher 10 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    South Central Kentucky
    By now we should all just give up and admit that if someone wants to "HacK" something on your computer and they've got the time, they can do it.

Beside having all your transactions and e-mails recorded forever in the "Cloud", whatever the Hell that is, just about every program you run is keeping track of your activity in some form or another and your Internet Provider knows exactly who you are without any help from anybody.

I've got 3 accounts on FB and NONE of them is in my right name and NONE of the personal information in them is correct. Always figured somebody that was up to no good could figure out some way to use any real info. against me. The other thing I haven't done is record any of my "real" numbers on my computer; no passwords, no credit card numbers, no SS numbers or tax info.
    The only place I'm probably vulnerable is my e-mail. Even though I use an alias for the names, I have to put real info into them sometimes but what else can you do??

Years ago somebody was interviewing T. Boone Pickens and they asked him if he did his investing and banking on his computer, his answer was that he did do certain things on the computer but all the real information was stored on his handy dandy yellow legal pads.

Call me paranoid (I am when it comes to computers and politicians) but that sounded like a pretty good idea to me. :D

4. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Even with “burner” info....I think they can easily pin point who you are, where you are currently, and basically anything they want to find. I think emails and any other private communication can and is easily monitored either by corporations or the government. If they have access to it, I assume a hacker could do the same.

5. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 6 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    Your ID is you IP address I think. If the computer has a USB drive I think it can be hacked.

6. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    All you need to do is "update" the software or "upgrade" your chips. Doesn't have to be connected to the internet. The Chinese have sold us crap, hacked chips for our fighter jets for years. Thanks, Bill!