Hey everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome to KentuckyHunting.net!' started by 0Troy, Nov 1, 2017.

1. 0Troy

0Troy Fawn

Oct 31, 2017
    Lexington
    I hunted public lands unsuccessfully in Southern California (deer are sparse) before managing to escape to Kentucky, and I'm getting ready for my first hunt out here.

I found some public lands nearby (veterans memorial WMA), and plan on getting some scouting trips in before modern gun season starts up.

Still very new to hunting, and have done enough (probably too much) research to know the mechanics, but I know I just need to get out there! I haven't really had anyone who hunted to help ease me into it.

I'm a shooter, firearms instructor, and CCDW instructor in Ky. Any tips or warnings would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  2. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    California ky
    Hope you are enjoying Kentucky's weather. I had to laugh the first time i went to San Diego. I rented a motorcyle with along with some friends of mine. It rained for like 20 minutes and was cloudy for about an hour and the locals were literally apologizing about the weather assuring us it was usually really nice there.

Enjoy the experience and be patient with yourself. You are going to make a lot of mistakes but seek advice here as you go. Read the rules, stay legal, and above all safety first. I had to learn myself too. My family did not hunt and my buddies taught me more bad habits than they did good early on.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  3. 0Troy

0Troy Fawn

Oct 31, 2017
    Lexington
    I love the weather out here, because there IS weather out here! I still don't mind the snow yet, but give me a decade of shoveling and I'll get back to you!

Thanks for the advice, I'm sure I'll make plenty of mistakes, but look forward to improving with the help of this forum!

4. Swampy207

Swampy207 6 pointer

Sep 30, 2014
    Welcome, plenty of adventures to be had in the Ky deer woods!