Headlamps

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by kyoutdoorsman, May 17, 2019.

1. kyoutdoorsman

kyoutdoorsman 10 pointer

Jan 19, 2016
    Any good reviews on a good headlamps, I see Amazon has them for around 25.00 rechargeable

2. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 8 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    Black Diamond Storm, worth the money. IMO best one out there. I'd recommend to anyone.

3. 00noturkey

00noturkey 8 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    high grove, ky
    if they are in the blue spectrum, like most led lights, you can expect a lot of bugs in your face. i am still trying to find a work around. if you are riding, as, an atv or in a moving boat, it might not be so bad, ya just gotta be moving, even a fast walk will help..
    when sitting still, ya need something along the yellow spectrum, with a touch of white.
    i bought some mini maglite's. the old stile. it makes a difference bug wise, not, bright wise, plus they werent head lamps.. i'm still looking for a headlamp, that dont attract bugs.
    a few years ago, least a decade, or so, i got a nylon strap, that holds a mini mag. the elastic wore out, that hold's the mini-mag flashlight. i'm gonna find it, an repair it, so i can use it.
    let me add, i dont see as well in the blue spectrum, at night. in the day it dont matter as much.
    i dont wear blue sunglasses, during the day. i have to wear yellow, to rose. just a thing. perhaps its a color-blind thing. brown is another color, i can tolerate.

Last edited: May 20, 2019 at 10:30 PM
  4. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    I’ve got one I bought off eBay, uses 2 18650 rechargeable batteries, it’s bulky but good lord it’s bright. Also have one I bought from Walmart use 2 as batteries works real well. But can’t remember the name brand of either

5. minixjt

minixjt Fawn

Jul 10, 2018
    Paintsville, KY
    Camofire has some good headlamps, good price too. They usually put them up there about once a week or so. I got a Diamond something last year that has red and green lights which is great and all with only like 2 buttons, just don't wait till opening day to try to to start using it (lesson learned).

6. Munson

Munson 10 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    I have a couple from Amazon with rechargeable battery pack on the back of your head. It distributes the weight of the 3 light system on the front. Extremely bright and can focus the beam. I use em for giggin mainly, I also have Energizer brand from Walmart on mechanic or tight space jobs