Funny how a animal can fool you on size

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Duster, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I posted this a few years back. Grandson Jackson spotted this guy under the backyard feeder one year and wanted me to kill him for a euro mount for his bedroom wall, How do you say no to your youngest grandson. We donated the meat to a local food bank program and they were happy as heck with him. Dressed in the 200 lb range on Uncle Lee's scale, he was being stupid and had his mind on a pretty young doe and forgot to look around that day. When I put a bolt thru both lungs he only ran about 25 yards and fell over in a ditch, it took two of us along with my ATV with winch and a chainsaw to move him 50 Yards to where I could get a strap around his antlers and drag him out. The wife was standing on the deck with 91 dialed on the phone because she just knew I was going to flip that Yamaha over backwards on top of me but we survived.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018 at 8:01 AM
  2. web splitter

web splitter 6 pointer

Feb 3, 2015
    Never seen a bear skull that looked like that. Nice deer for the kid though :D

Genesis 27:3 likes this.
  3. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 6 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill/Wolfe County
    It can fool you on species too!

4. rabbit dawg

rabbit dawg 6 pointer

Mar 9, 2010
  5. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    So was he standing still or running?

6. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Yeah I messed up with copy and paste and got pictures mixed up. Computer giving me fits, it kicks me off the internet if it sits for over just a couple minutes. Not sure if it is computer or Modem. Have to keep reseting the wifi for some reason. Bear skull is in another thread.

rabbit dawg likes this.
  7. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Walking broadside at 22 yards.

8. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    That wasn’t sporting you should have hollered at him to make him start running then shot him.

Powerstro284, Ataulbe1 and Meatstick like this.
  9. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Don't start it up again..LOL. These waterfowl hunters have died down somewhat..:D

bondhu likes this.
  10. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

What I was trying to do with the size fooling you things was look at the thread on what I got from moving the youngest back south and the bear skull. You would think a over 300 lb bear would have a bigger skull. I do remember he was 12+ inches between the ear's. He was a fall bear kill and fat as a butter ball getting ready for a long cold snowy Manitoba winter. Darn computer kept kicking me off the internet over a wifi issue and was resetting every 2 or 3 minutes and would go back to another screen for some reason.

11. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    nice deer the grandson is holding, not sure who shot it.

12. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    Hahaha you know I’ve got to give you some crap like you do us non sporting waterswatting Waterfowl hunters

13. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Pretty sure the Boss shot it in New Jersey.