Fund raising ideas for school archery team

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by cityslicker, Jan 25, 2017.

1. cityslicker

cityslicker 8 pointer

Jan 11, 2010
    Hart county
    Anyone here involved with their kid's school archery team? My step son's school is trying to get their archery team in better shape as far as equipment goes. So we are planning to do a fundraiser and possibly ask for donations from archery/outdoors related companies. I am just looking for a little guidance as this is new to me. Thanks

2. richief

richief 10 pointer

Jun 20, 2012
    down a holler SE KY
    Raffles work good. Maybe a bow or gun.

3. cityslicker

cityslicker 8 pointer

Jan 11, 2010
    Hart county
    Yeah that's one thing we'll do for sure.

4. captain71

captain71 10 pointer

Nov 3, 2011
    Western Ky
    Here our community center do lot of fundraiser they do extremely well by doing raffles along with either a fish fry or chilli dinner's. I'm fortunate enough to won a 243.

5. Coot_Meurer

Coot_Meurer 10 pointer

Nov 4, 2006
    Not here anymore
    If you aren't too far from Lexington, MyOldKentucky chocolates usually sell pretty good. You get to keep about 50% of what you sell. But beware - make sure you have some positive control on the finances. You would be amazed at how many kids take a bag of 20 bars, and bring you back money for 18 and don't know what happened to the other two lost bars (as they breathe on you with chocolate scented breath)!

6. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Go to your local Stihl chainsaw dealer and they should give you a good deal on a chainsaw. These raffle really well

7. cityslicker

cityslicker 8 pointer

Jan 11, 2010
    Hart county
    I reached out to Yeti and they offered a good discount on their products. I may get one of their coolers to raffle off.

8. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Do you all host any NASP events? You can make good money by hosting some shoots then put on a silent raffle? I'm certified NASP instructor but don't teach/coach at this time but always getting emails from our regional reps looking for host schools.

9. Velvet ears

Velvet ears 6 pointer

Nov 6, 2013
    West KY
    Host a tournament. You can make a lot of money in 2 days.

10. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    One of our archery/gun dealers gave me a Genesis Bow for free. Ask around to local businesses for different items to raffle off.

11. allxs

allxs 6 pointer

Nov 16, 2005
    Krogers ... krogers has a program where patrons can tie their plus cards to a local charity, the charity benefits everytime the person buy groceries using the plus card, It may only amount to a trickle, but it is a constant trickle and takes very little effort on anyones part, it like free money. I suggest looking into it, our kids band and athletic team both participated in this program.

read more here: http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Kroger-changes-charity-program-based-on-Plus-cards-271729361.html

12. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Get the members or members family donate items for a auction. It can be most anything large or small. All you need is a place to hold one and a place to store things as they are brought in. The local VFW gave up a large room for a week when we did one for the marching band. Moose club did it when our archery club was raising money to buy more property. As any auction it depends on what you have to sell and the number of people there.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  13. BucksandFish

BucksandFish 6 pointer

Oct 30, 2012
    E-town
    Is there a boy named Luke on your team?