Favorite Foxpro Sounds

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by predator1, Jan 26, 2018.

1. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    Fixing to order a new Foxpro. What’s everyone’s favorite sounds or style of sounds that seem to work the best?

2. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    I used a Foxpro Spitfire for years but just bought a Foxpro Shockwave before Christmas. Both were ordered direct from Foxpro where I could choose the sounds I wanted on them.

On the Shockwave... 100 sounds... I’ve got 14 bird( includes several turkey distress), 26 coyote vocals, 37 rabbit, 3 bobcat, 10 distress(squirrel, groundhog, calf, etc), 3 coon, 4 deer ( fawn bleats & distress) & 3 crow.

Some of the sounds were the same I had on the Spitfire that I had killed several yotes with. Which I like to be heavy on rabbit distress and coyote vocals. But that’s just me.

Some of those favorite go-to sounds
    1. Lightning Jack
    2. Adult Cottontail
    3. Eastern Cottontail
    4. Rabbit Duet
    5. Devil Bunny
    6. Grey Squirrel
    7. Lucky Bird
    8. Canine Pups
    9. Male Coyote Howls
    10. Coyote Pup Frenzy

predator1 likes this.
  3. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    Do you like the Shockwave that much more than the Spitfire? I was actually considering the Inferno or the Hammerhack.

4. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    While I must say I’m still getting use to running the Shockwave.....my answer to your question is yes.

I bought a Spitfire when Foxpro first came out with them. They basically was Foxpro’s bare bones entry grade call... and in my opinion a good one. At least mine was as I had -0- problems and used it for nearly 10 years. Which nothing wrong with it today.. still works just fine. But it’s only one speaker and volume is not great.. especially on windy days.

Going to the Shockwave is like a difference in daylight & dark. It’s basically got 4 speakers counting the tweeters, clarity of the sound is much improved and volume is probably doubled in comparison. Which more importantly I have better control of the volume adjustment with 1-40 settings in comparison to a 1-5 level settings of the Spitfire.

The Shockwave has a lot of features I like .. and some I really don’t care about and will never fully use. The Foxbang seems like a good feature as is Foxpitch(allows you to change the pitch of the sound), Foxmotion(moves sound back & forth between speakers like a critter flopping around) and Foxfusion which lets you play two sounds at once. But stuff like Foxdata or Foxcast is a take it or leave it thing.

The Shockwave is not as phisically big a call as most people conceive it is. Many think it’s like Prarieblaster size... it’s not. It’s just little larger and a tad heavier than the ones you mentioned.. but so far using it in the field it’s managable. But that said ... the models your looking at will be easier to tote around and a benefit from that aspect.

Which other selling points of the Shockwave... Foxpro has dropped the price on Shockwave’s by $100 in the last year. Their $499 now and had been $599 since they came out several years ago. They also have a 5 year warranty.

But it all boils down to what you like or want to spend. All of the Foxpros are relatively good calls and you will kill critters using them. Their customer support is one of the best I’ve ever dealt with.

In turn I’m not pushing the Shockwave as the model anyone needs to buy... it’s a lot of coin to invest by any reasoning. However for me ... I’m not one to buy a new one just because it’s got some new feature or hype. I simply wanted an upgrade to a better call and want it to last me a very long time.

kyfuzzyface and predator1 like this.
  5. KYhunter

KYhunter Cyber-Hunter

Dec 9, 2001
    The remote on the Shockwave appears to be far superior.

6. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    It’s the TX1000 remote and when I ordered the unit.... I was a little apprehensive on if it would be complicated to use.

But when it was delivered....just a couple minutes getting oriented and found it real simple to operate.

Also say ... I ordered the Foxjack 3 decoy with the Shockwave. Which I ran a Foxjack 5 with my Spitfire for the last few years and have really liked it. Which the decoy unit attaches to the battery compartment but the springy rod with topper can be easily taken on & off.

Another suggestion on whatever unit the OP winds up with... is pick up a rechargeable battery kit. As I ordered it with my Shockwave and hunted nearly all day in the snow last Saturday and that includes running the decoy on about every set I made. Temps werent bad but I was impressed that I’d only used one bar according to the battery indicator on the unit when I got home. Which I always ran alkaline batteries (Duracell) with my Spitfire and I can attest you can go through some batteries this time of the year. The rechargeable will end up paying for theirselves real quick.

20747D7A-7E22-46D9-B5A6-6C74CEED3324.jpeg
    75EE7D72-9DB6-462F-817C-803FDFEF2072.jpeg
    1574969D-68E4-4BF3-BF09-32730609B5A3.jpeg
    DCC6D787-43E3-43ED-B2E0-7F4AE9E93C9F.jpeg

Comparison to my Spitfire
    2CF150A2-F13B-46F9-A595-4BA9F886206C.jpeg

predator1 likes this.
  7. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    Try ordering sounds that you would think others don't have. It doesn't take long before the old rabbit sound gets burned out. Coons are a great sound along with fox.
    My only complaint with every caller out they're is the writing on the display is to dang small.

kyfuzzyface and predator1 like this.
  8. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    I found a decent deal for a Crossfire on eBay. Think it should be louder than the Inferno. I made an offer. Waiting to see what happens.

9. predator1

predator1 12 pointer

Dec 25, 2008
    Glasgow,Ky
    Just picked up a new Foxpro Crossfire, mojo critter decoy and foxpro rechargeable batteries for $230 delivered!

10. kyfuzzyface

kyfuzzyface 8 pointer

Nov 2, 2007
    Central Ky

I am with you Riverboss I have the scorpion and it still works great but have to use the readers. So i upgraded to the fusion ( still small and a great sound)
    a lot better remote.