EVER HUNT SILVER SPRINGS OUTFITTERS

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by wrangler95, Feb 27, 2003.

1. wrangler95

wrangler95 6 pointer

Jan 12, 2003
    Celina, Tn., USA.
    Have any of you ever hunted with SILVER SPRINGS OUTFITTERS in Hopkisville Kentucky?What kind of buck can you expect to kill?

2. moosehead rollins

moosehead rollins 8 pointer

Feb 13, 2003
    Louisville, Kentucky.
    I might be going for a 3 day bowhunt there. http://www.silvercreekoutfitters.com./index.htm This is their website...I havn't heard anything about them..

3. buckNrutNatl

buckNrutNatl Fawn

Jan 14, 2003
    well, let me know how it turns it out, i hunt in that same area with this outfit, http://www.bigtimehuntingfishing.com/huntdeer.htm

i went on the early muzzleloader last year but didnt do much good, but the weather wasnt really that good, going to try them for opening of rifle this year and then decide if its something i want to do on a yearly basis

4. moosehead rollins

Feb 13, 2003
    Louisville, Kentucky.
    Do they share the same hunting areas??????

5. moosehead rollins

Feb 13, 2003
    Louisville, Kentucky.
    weather sucked opening day gun last year.

6. buckNrutNatl

buckNrutNatl Fawn

Jan 14, 2003
    moose, they dont hunt on the same land, but they hunt in the same counties. they are both located in hopkinsville. if anyone is interested let me know and ill talk to the owner for ya. hunts are very reasonable for that area.

7. moosehead rollins

Feb 13, 2003
    Louisville, Kentucky.
    I lost my hunting spot due to the property being sold...went out to my normal Public hunting areas and got frustrated with the explosion of hunters in the area. Can you imagine shooting a buck on public land and having to fight someone who claims your prize? 3 day bow hunt at silver springs sound good to me.

8. Multidigits

Multidigits BBBC Members

Dec 10, 2001
    Vine Grove, Ky, USA.
    Man, moosehead, you called me a sob for putting together a club that charged $750 a year for ALL hunting rights on 2,585 acres, and now your willing to pay (???) for a 3 day hunt...I don't get it??

9. moosehead rollins

Feb 13, 2003
    Louisville, Kentucky.
    My whole family gun hunted that piece of crap property of 5 years...Let me see...750 for all year to see does and maybe tiny bucks...or 700 to hunt a spot that has a shooter buck on it. Odds are greatly in the favor of the outfitter. Now Im referring to the large tract of land near Battletown...the other 2 areas had potential. Multi...my ass is just chapped over that prop. A lot of idiots hunted that which kept them out of my nice spot elsewhere. I am mainly a bowhunter but sometimes like to take a gun out and that is where we ended up...not because it had big bucks on it.
    The prop. that i lost last year due to a sale was worthy of outfitter status. Only 2 people had hunted it before me to no avail. 2001 was my first year hunting there, I killed a nice 15in inside 11ptr with my bow. This year I saw 12 bucks in the 130 class, 4 in the 150 class and 2 that would go B&C. I harvested a 9 pt this year that green scored in the 140s net. Having been exposed to that property has raised my bar and made me dissatisfied with what was normal for me in the past.

10. cowpuppy

cowpuppy Fawn

Jan 10, 2002
    Clarkson, KY, USA.
    you should check out buck country outfitters www.bcohunt.com

11. moosehead rollins

Feb 13, 2003
    Louisville, Kentucky.
    Was looking at them...their rates went way up from last year...kinda turned me off.

12. Multidigits

Multidigits BBBC Members

Dec 10, 2001
    Vine Grove, Ky, USA.
    The second year we had the property, we killed 9 bucks, all over our 15" self imposed limit. The smallest scored in at 127 and the largest had 14 typical points and score 157 or so green. We killed a few does too.

13. cowpuppy

cowpuppy Fawn

Jan 10, 2002
    Clarkson, KY, USA.
    i think buckcountry prices went down only $700 for a 3 day hunt on qdm and 1200 for a 4 day rut hunt

14. moosehead rollins

Feb 13, 2003
    Louisville, Kentucky.
    cowpuppy...the 3 day rut hunt was 700...they dont have that anymore...........................I can see that coming from the Stephensport or the dead horse hollar area....but not battletown. got on your website and saw 1 pic of a guy with 1 that would go about 110.

15. Multidigits

Multidigits BBBC Members

Dec 10, 2001
    Vine Grove, Ky, USA.
    That buck score 140 and some change, but it didn't come from Wolf Creek H.C. That's just a photo of the Club Manager. The bucks from the Club are on the web site, but it's password protected. we didn't want everyone seeing what we had. The Stephensport property hasn't yielded any bucks the last time I talked with the leasee of that property. Don't know about the Dead Horse Holler part. There is one photo from last year, which was a bad year for us. It's a legal buck(15", taken w/ML) but that's it. You might contact Mr. Hall and he may let you look at the pics??? The trail cam picture are good too.