elk a great thing in Kentucky!

Discussion in 'Elk Hunting' started by Realtree man, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Realtree man

Realtree man 8 pointer

Nov 10, 2006
    Knott County
    Elk is the best thing to ever hit Kentucky. There was just another vehicle brand new today totalled by hitting two elk in Knott county. But oh wait Elk are great in Kentucky they just ruin peoples gardens by tromping on their beans and everything when the people have worked really hard putting the garden out. Then the greatest part about it is that people that dont never put up with elk are the ones that gets to come in here and hunt the things when they arent the ones that has to put up with them. Hardly anyone was drawn from eastern ky and we are the ones that has to put up with the nuisance. Im telling you ppl worse thing they could have every brought in here and i honestly dont know whether to believe or not that they are native to Kentucky. I dont honestly believe that..I wish they would send them all back out west away from here

JR PORTER and Dark Cloud like this.
  2. TURBO TROUT

TURBO TROUT Fawn

Aug 28, 2007
    Round Em' Up And Bring Em' All To My Lease. Witch Is Out Of The Zone. So Will Just Have To Buy Tags And Start Shootin' May Have To Upgrade My Meat Pole:) I'll Pay For The Diesel And Loan Ya A Cattle Trailer

3. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    MOST of the hunters wont understand what your sayin here, most and I say most want very high populations of wildlife,but in the off season have no clue as to what farmers and land owners have to put up with to support the high numbers. But for someone who has had to deal with nuisance deer, and a garden,that I used to try to make a living from,I do!There are even a few elk in my county. now I have to worry about one of these stepping onto the road in front of my wife and boys some dark nite,(along with the impaired drivers) I already worry about. I used to go deer HUNTING when I was younger, now I just go and SHOOT deer, they just aint much sport to this anymore, but I guess this is what the masses want.I may take up quail huntin,something you actualy have to hunt for around here!as always just my $.02 worth!

4. droopy

droopy 10 pointer

if they are such a problem hook me up with somewhere to hunt,i've got a cow tag and room in the freezer.:D

5. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    Drive over to Garrett and tell them what you got. I'm betting somebody will set you up fine in an hour or less.

6. screamin6x6

screamin6x6 BBBC Members

If that's the case. Wonder why I've had 2 hunters FROM Garrett call me about a little help. Things aren't like they used to be around here, land ain't coming easy.

7. droopy

droopy 10 pointer

tell me about it.i have a guy from ky river properties thats going to show me some places.

8. KeeKeeRun

KeeKeeRun Fawn

Mar 20, 2005
    Hooten Town
    No wonder replacement costs is only $1500.

9. rick243

rick243 10 pointer

Oct 16, 2005
    SouthEast Ky
    Been there. This is where the pics from the locked bulls post were taken. Going back during the cow rifle hunt.

This is the area where they release trapped "problem bears". That gives you an idea how remote this place is. The guy that will show you around can tell you about it. Ask him to show you his scars. :)

10. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Once upon a time it was "wow, a elf look" Now its "Just dont hit the dam thing":D..Boy inmates hate cleaning elk crap off the firing range too:D

11. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    You got a bunch of idiots on 4-wheelers and 4x4's tearing up everything and throwing out garbage. Thats one reason a lot of land is being lost to hunting. Ive got all kinds of property to hunt but not much in the southern end of the county. been a lot of hunting ground closed off from Martin down in the last few years.

JR PORTER likes this.
  12. huntkyelk

huntkyelk Fawn

Aug 22, 2007
    I dont know what ruined my Dad's garden worse this year...the elk or them them darn fertilizer prices...sheewww..outrageous...the one thing the elk did provide was fertilizer for next years crop...if we get some rain that is.:)

13. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    The head of Cow creek is another area eat up with Elk. Ive hunted a lot up in there and seen plenty.

14. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    Sadly, that's true of our whole area. An ATV seems to be the same as a deed of ownership of the whole county. Go where you want, do what you want, get pissed if somebody complains.:(

15. Birdman

Birdman Cyber-Hunter

Feb 26, 2002
    Paintsville, KY, USA.
    Has the new trail in Knot Co. helped any?