Electric meat grinder

Discussion in 'Food Preparation, Camp Cooking and Recipes' started by raktrakr, Jan 15, 2018.

1. raktrakr

raktrakr Cyber-Hunter

Jan 20, 2002
    central ky
    Im looking to buy one, any suggestions?

2. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    After burning up several smaller ones, I've had a 1 hp #22 from Cabela's for over 15 years & have used the heck out of it. They changed models a few years ago so can't speak for the new Carnivore models. BUT... the one I have was actually made by Weston & it appears that they are still selling the same grinder on the Weston website.

3. Turkey Runner

Turkey Runner Fawn

Feb 1, 2017
    Southern Kentucky
    1/2 horse Cabelas carnivore grinder. It will grind the meat faster than you can feed it. One of the best purchases iv ever made.

4. ptbrauch

ptbrauch 12 pointer

Nov 10, 2004
    J-Town
    What are you planning on doing with it?

I've got a little cheap one that works just fine for me to process a deer or two a year and the occasional sausage making in between. But if I was to do more than that, I'd want something bigger.

5. raktrakr

raktrakr Cyber-Hunter

Jan 20, 2002
    central ky
    Mostly deer maybe pork sausage occasionally, I bit the bullet and bought the carnivore 3/4, maybe more than enough, but like a gun, better to have and not need...
    Thanks for the input

6. pentail

pentail Bacon Staff Member

Sep 25, 2002
    Savoring the smoke
    I have the Weston #12 1 HP. It has ground everything I have ever thrown at it and I am pretty sure it has a lifetime warranty.
    master-meat-grinder.jpg

7. I know the thread is about electric grinders but this little unit is worth every dime of the $26 asking price. :D

IMG_4435.PNG

msu_hunter likes this.
  8. msu_hunter

msu_hunter 6 pointer

Oct 23, 2011
    i have one to, chuck up an electric drill to the end and go slowly. works like a charm.

davers, bondhu and drakeshooter like this.
  9. I don't have one but I've seen my granny use one many a day to grind through several hogs worth of fresh sausage.

I got a new Kitchenaid mixer from Santa Claus and will be purchasing the grinder/stuffer attachment soon. That mixer motor is solid enough for what little grinding I'll be doing.

10. jfiscus

jfiscus 6 pointer

Nov 19, 2013
    Kenton County
    I have a vintage Oster Regency Kitchen Center with meat grinder attachment. I've fed a LOT of deer through it in the past few years w/o any issue. If you're new to grinding meat, the colder it is the better/easier it grinds. You can find these on Craigslist usually for cheap. ;)

11. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    California ky
    Cant go wrong with the carnivore.

12. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    This is my favorite one...

[​IMG]

drakeshooter likes this.
  13. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I bought a little Waring refurbished from Cabelas like 4 years ago and it’s still going strong. Paid like $39 for it. Also bought a slicer I’ve never even opened.

14. chadwimc

chadwimc 10 pointer

Oct 29, 2004
    I've been using this one from BassPro for years now. Several deer per year. Including some tonight. Its made by LEM...
    deer burger2.jpg deer burger1.jpg